You can type here any text you want

anybody put in a stock location stretch IC?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

syclone01

If so, what type and what did you have to modify? Thinking of getting one, since CAS takes too long with theirs....Though of getting a 15row with the sheetmetal shroud and making one work on my car. Curious if anybody has done the same?
damon

It doesnt work. Dont mean to sound blunt but people told me that but I had to find out for my self (took about half a block). I found out that they were correct. MAYBE that 13 row that mease is selling might, but I wouldnt even recommend trying that.

HTH: Jason

Jason, Whos 15 row did you have? Did you have a sheetmetal scoop? Does your car sit lower then stock?

Damon, I have, have had and installed quite a few 15 row intercoolers on TTAs. And with the motor work will run well into the 10s. They were built by Action Fabrication (Bob Sims) Never had any problems. But there are two important things.
1: You should'nt use any sheetmetal shroud. You can modifiy a TTA one or modifiy a GN scoop. If you have a nice TTA scoop find a GN scoop. It will fit,done it many times.
The cars were designed wiht flexible intercooler scoops for a reason!
2: Make sure you have good coil springs! The car must sit in the stock location.

Keith Mease (MPE) makes 15 row intercooler just like Bobs.

Steve Kaminski

I had a 15 row and gave it to my dad and put the stocker with a big neck back on. It sat too low, didn't seem to help, and gets very little additional air without some kind of a custome scoop. I almost sucked a skunk into mine, that was the end of it for me and my car is stock ride height. BTW, if you use alky injection, the stretch ins't worth the extra hassles IMO. My car just dynoed almost the same HP with the stocker.

Back