??Anyone at 2008 Buick Norwalk Show

turbo6mike

Mike Ruminski
I was hoping that someone that was at the norwalk buick show this year had a video or pictures of my car when I launch and blew it up.Now that Im over it and the car is close to running again I would like to have a video of or maybe some pics.It was a 86 buick gn with draglites skinnies in front and draglites with MT ET streets.Appreciate any help.Thanks,Mike

Mike, I didnt get any picts or video but I was there and seen it first hand, was checkin it out with Buschur after you put it on the trailer. I had one do almost the identical carnage back in '99. I went with all steel internals on my latest one to get away from cast/stock stuff. Glad to hear your almost back up and running. Good luck with your new build man!

Brian

Thanks!I had weber build me a motor so I hope its good.What all did you tear up?Block,trans and everything?

The block was wasted, trans bell house exploded. Even messed up the converter. I was able to save the cam, heads, intake and that was it. I have a Weber motor in my dads car and its a great piece. Its went 10.60s@130 Whats your new motor consist of?

I had a 212/206 billet roller,stock crank,rods,billet centers,wiseco pistons and 20 over.I had janis do the trans again and its all rollerized with billet stuff.

Sounds good Mike! Almost 100% duplicate to my dads build, even the trans from Vinny...lol She should fly!!

Weber heads/intake, TE45a, THDP, ATR 2 1/2 exhaust, Mark Jackson stock location 17 row ic, 55#s.

Combos are really close just dont have as big of turbo(6152).I also got weber heads,champion intake,55s,stock location precision intercooler.Im just looking for a 10.90 pass.

Im just looking for a 10.90 pass.

And you told me a few months back you were thinking of taking it back to stock!!! Just like Chuck when he first got his Hayabusa--"Oh no, I don't need to modify it--I'm scared of it as it is."--yeah right Chuck...;) Anyway, glad to see you bounced back!:biggrin: BTW, note the new pic I put in my sig for ya!