You can type here any text you want

Anyone ever dyno the stock turbo?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JT'sV6

I know the real test is on the track, but wanted to see what this lil turbo can do on the rollers. If you want to include your quickest et and mph on the stocker feel free.
Please include all power making mods.

My stock turbo made 305whp and @430ft lbs. on a Mustang dyno. It runs 12.0-12.1 @ 113. On a Dynojet that number would probably be about 50hp more. That is with stock long-block, PTE front mount, 3" turbo back.

Attachments

• SEMA 09 006.jpg
    SEMA 09 006.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 475
my car stock with only exhaust, 30lb inj, 93oct chip did 300whp and 400lb/ft...I didn't ever race it this way. poor turbo died. This was at 18psi. Stock chip parameters from Eric.

Thanks guys. When I researched I saw a couple guys who made 250-260rwhp. This makes me happy that it has the potential to reach 350rwhp and over 400ftlbs.

I also have a 3core fm ic with 3" piping, cam, and port work done. I'd be happy to see 360 and 425 with those mods.

Thanks guys. When I researched I saw a couple guys who made 250-260rwhp. This makes me happy that it has the potential to reach 350rwhp and over 400ftlbs.

I also have a 3core fm ic with 3" piping, cam, and port work done. I'd be happy to see 360 and 425 with those mods.

How much boost and what timing are you running the car at?

I dynoed mine about a month after I got it. It was on a Dynojet in the heat of July. Made 282hp or so and I cant remember the torque number.

My best on the stock turbo was 11.98@111 with a 1.64 short time. 26psi and 26°/25° of timing. It was a cold day in March at Cecil County.

Stock turbo, ported compressor housing w/ big inlet, ported stock IC and plenum, stock heads, cam, convertor, and through the Hooker exhaust.

Single nozzle Razor's kit and 42lb. injectors. 3" THDP. All the other basic stuff as well.

I dynoed mine about a month after I got it. It was on a Dynojet in the heat of July. Made 282hp or so and I cant remember the torque number.

My best on the stock turbo was 11.98@111 with a 1.64 short time. 26psi and 26°/25° of timing. It was a cold day in March at Cecil County.

Stock turbo, ported compressor housing w/ big inlet, ported stock IC and plenum, stock heads, cam, convertor, and through the Hooker exhaust.

Single nozzle Razor's kit and 42lb. injectors. 3" THDP. All the other basic stuff as well.

Any weight reduction to hit 111mph trap? I'd guess the tq was in the 400's.

How much do these cars weigh? 3800 wo driver?

You only picked up 3-4 mph going from stock turbo to the te-62 that's surprising.

Any weight reduction to hit 111mph trap? I'd guess the tq was in the 400's.

How much do these cars weigh? 3800 wo driver?

I weighed it about a month later and with me and a full tank of 93 it was 3720 pounds.

You only picked up 3-4 mph going from stock turbo to the te-62 that's surprising.

Still stock heads and cam. I havent touched them. Yet.:D

17psi on the TE-62 I went 12.2-3. It took me 25psi on the stock turbo to do that. The wideband really made the action happen however.

Back