You can type here any text you want

Anyone ever had their coil springs powdercoated?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
Has anyone ever had their front and rear coil springs powdercoated and ran them without any problems? I'm having the control arms and spindles done, and would like to have the springs done too if possible. Thanks.

It is not a problem...........We use to do Honda springs, and custom jobs all the time.

I thought about doing mine too but Im so tired of sandblasting stuff :) Seems like I spend hours in front of that damn cabinet! Ill PC a new set though when Im ready to purchase some.

The Eibach come that way.:D

But like Ronnie said No problems. In fact I was doing some bolts one day and using a sheet of AL foil to ground the whole setup. I wound up with a sheet of foil that was powder coated so for grunts and giggles I wadded it up and unfolded it again. No powder came off.

i could be wrong but i think he is more worried about making the spring brittle due to the heat being applied

Many engineering change specs. for powder approved on springs. You will be fine.

yeah i know it won't, i powdercoat myself but some aren't as astute in the art and the processes involved as others...

Back