You can type here any text you want

Anyone Ever Heard Of This!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

carrddine

boost junky
I went to change plugs the other day and I ran across something I never seen before,When I put these plugs in I gapped them to .035 and when I went to change them the other day all looked normal.With the exception of the plug nearest to the fire wall on the driverside when I pulled it the gap was almost completely closed,I couldnt even get a guage in there to measure it,I have never seen this before?? how does a spark plug loose its gap? any thoughts would be appreciated.Thanks in advance...

you bumped the ground electrode when you last installed it..

happened on my 66 GTO - we assumed some carbon build up or something was hitting it shut, I jsut checked it again in a week or two and(if memory serves me) after that next time of regapping it never messed up again.

DMan said:

That would be my vote. It doesn't have to be a very hard lick to close the gap.

I would think these turbo cars with big dish pistons..... would be a mile away from the plug at top dead center.

I currently have the heads off and I cant see where the piston would have hit the plug, but I am very careful when I put plugs in for that very reason. oh well sounds like a possibility Ill roll with it.BTW there is no carbon on the pistons they are all very clean.Thanks to who replied...

DMan said:
I agree. One of my friends used to work on cars daily and about once a year a car would come in for a misfire problem after an owner performed a tune up. The problem was usually a closed gap so there was no spark at all. LOL :biggrin:

that may have been my case as well, it was just odd that it was the same plug every time that I checked until it stopped(I would pull all 8 every time and there was plenty of room not to smash the electrode going in :) yay 60s cars)

Back