anyone ever tried a 10 series muffler from FLOWMASTER

XxDarkSidexX

Banned
I might try one soon, I was just wondering if anyone tried this one yet? So i have installed my THDP 3", high flow cat 3". Im thinking about rplacing my dual system w/flowmaster 40's on there, with a single 4" shot with this muffler and a turn down on my GN. It has a 4"in/out. So I guess I would have a 3" turbo back system to the cat, and a 4" cat back single shot system with a 10series 4" muffler w/a turn down.

10 Series Delta Force 4.00" IN C/C [954010-12] : Flowmaster Inc. Exhaust Shop, Love That Sound!

darkside.

I might try one soon, I was just wondering if anyone tried this one yet? So i have installed my THDP 3", high flow cat 3". Im thinking about rplacing my dual system w/flowmaster 40's on there, with a single 4" shot with this muffler and a turn down on my GN. It has a 4"in/out. So I guess I would have a 3" turbo back system to the cat, and a 4" cat back single shot system with a 10series 4" muffler w/a turn down.

10 Series Delta Force 4.00" IN C/C [954010-12] : Flowmaster Inc. Exhaust Shop, Love That Sound!

darkside.

Your car would be quicker with a straight thru muffler like ultraflow. Flowmasters have too much backpressure compared to their competitors.

has anybody dyno a car with flows and without flows. i would like to know how much hp i have been losing over the years. It just sounds to good to change. but i do have a cutout for the track

how about a 3"THDP, 3"highflow cat into a 4" cat back pipe with an OUTLAW 4"in/out and a turn down before the axel. Here is the outlaw series.

Flowmaster, Inc.

darkside

Sound antentuation rings throw up red flags with me. A smooth bore race magnum or ultraflow will likely have less backpressure and better sound deadening.

The concept of flow masters to work is for pulsed exhaust. The turbo kind of eliminates the pulses.

Hey, it's your money, give the flowmasters a shot. If you slow down .2 in the quarter, we told you so.

Don't plan on picking up any performance (maybe over the current Flowmasters you have, but not over a good muffler).

Sound antentuation rings throw up red flags with me. A smooth bore race magnum or ultraflow will likely have less backpressure and better sound deadening.

The concept of flow masters to work is for pulsed exhaust. The turbo kind of eliminates the pulses.

Hey, it's your money, give the flowmasters a shot. If you slow down .2 in the quarter, we told you so.

Don't plan on picking up any performance (maybe over the current Flowmasters you have, but not over a good muffler).

isn't the OUTLAW series Flowmaster, Inc. The same style as the magnaflows MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust - Race Series Stainless Steel Mufflers and the dynomax race bullet DYNOMAX Performance Exhaust. They all look like race flow through designs, or straight through designs.

isn't the OUTLAW series Flowmaster, Inc. The same style as the magnaflows MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust - Race Series Stainless Steel Mufflers and the dynomax race bullet DYNOMAX Performance Exhaust. They all look like race flow through designs, or straight through designs.

No.

The other two use a smooth perforated tube with fiberglass or metal packing for sound deadening.

The flowmaster description says no packing and "sound attenuation rings" which implies metal in the flowpath and not a smooth tube.

ah ic ic. This makes sense, thanks! So between the dynomax race bullet and the magnaflow race series which of the two would flow more CFM?

Thank UN GN!

Once you get to a good quality strait through muffler, the differences in flow are minimal. Even the hooker aerochambers flow so well, that there is no difference between running through the mufflers and using a dump tube.

thats actually part of the reason im asking.

As I have done more research online, and talked to some people. It seems most mufflers flow the same. With exception on the "straight thru" stlyes, which obviously have more flow capability then a chamber'ed muffler. So with that in mind, I want that 40series sound X10, and with 10 series will give me that. The 10 series delta force is actually just a chopped version of the 2 chambers 40 series delta force. The internals are the same, another words the "delta force" baffel or reflecting system is the same, its located in the middle of the muffler. The 40 series just has extended chambers AFTER the delta force baffel or reflecting system. I think im going to run a single chamber 10 series-3" in/out both center'ed. I heard and have been told it the 10 series should flow more then then 2 chamber'ed 40 delta force, and will be much more aggressive sounding.

I guess my next question for the exhaust experts is, whats the flow potential difference between a single and dual exhaust? If it turns out that i find a single to flow just as much as a dual then Ill go single 3". But if i find that a dual system will flow more, then ill have the dual system(like the dual pipe hookers exhaust kit comes with) with 10 series mufflers installed, and install some turn downs FIRST, see if I can acutally live like that. Then if its too loud just go ahead and extend the pipes over the axel. My neighbors are going to hate me.:biggrin: I finally found some sound clips of these 10series, and OMFG pretty loud!! Way louder then the 40 series, even way louder then my dual 40 series delta force mufflers with turn downs. Ill keep everyone updated when this happens.

These cars sound "OK" at idle with the strait through mufflers, but no matter what muffler you put on them at WOT they sound like a pissed off bumble bee. They are not "awesome" sounding cars. You have to remember those chambered mufflers work off exhaust gas pulses from the motor. The turbo mostly nulifies those pulses. Forget the flowmasters!

What would be the most stock sounding muffler? I saw that Walker makes an "original" fit design (one muffler, two tailpipes, etc...) They are called Walker Quietflow and are made for the GN. Havent seen anyone talk about the quietflow. I want a stock sounding exhaust and prefer a stock look as well (one muffler and two tailpipes). Gardner Exhaust said he doesnt make thm anymore (reproduction of Original design). Did the original exhaust have a chambered muffler? Any suggestions as I cant seem to find anyone who wants to sell an original GN Exhaust from the y-pipe back?

I dont have cfm, flow, or dyno data but the 3" flowmasters on my car sound great and flow like crap. They were on the car when i go it. Simply opening the exhaust raised boost pressre 6psi and cut the spool time in half! I had top turn the boost way back to get it down to where i was before opening it. Then i observed about 5 mph increase on a g-tech without any other change but the open exhaust at 23.5 psi. Im sure they would choke it a lot more at 26-28psi. I have never known anything that worked as well on a turbo application as a straight tube muffler. The only thing better would be no exhaust at all. Just a simple lightweight fender dump:biggrin:.