Anyone ever use the GN/T Type Stage 1 Jr heads....

chucklesdaklown

I need to get a set of new heads for my GN and i came across these on Gbodyparts.com. They are GN/T Type Stage 1 Jr heads. I was wondering if anyone had aby opinions on these or are running them on their car right now. I'm either gonna buy these or the champion aluminum heads.

Those sound like basically stock heads that are slightly used. If your looking for a performance gain buy ported heads which the ones that you are referring to are not! Champion also ported iron heads in case you didn't know

Thanks for the info. I'm still new to turbo buicks and working on the 11 sec recipe.

i have been 11.48@117 with a engine with 90,000 miles and nothing has been changed inside the engine. no valve springs no timing chain NEVER EVER BEEN APART. there are guys that have been 10.80 or 10.90 without pulling the heads off too!!!!

unless you blew a headgasket leave the heads alone if you only want to go 11's. if i blew a head gasket i would upgrade otherwise i would leave it alone and spend money else where. have you had a reputable guy redo your tranny yet? if not once you make some 11 sec passes it will need it! guess how i know this?

why dont you list everything that has been to your car thus far and everyone can help steer you in the right direction to your goal. also you hoping for high or low 11's

Yeah I blew a head gasket and cracked the passenger side head. So I'm upgrading while I'm doing the head gasket. I'm looking for someone in my area to do the transmission work. I'm open to any suggestions on shops in the Maryland area. Also open to suggestions on cylinder heads and gaskets

champion irons have been 9's . i personally like the aluminums since if you ever have a melt down they can be welded up and fixed where as the irons from what i understand are not fixable. ck or dave husek are both on long island and both ship trannys out. or post something up in your local section on the board and maybe someone can help.

so whats done to your car thus far? why did your head gasket blow in the first place? any idea?

Mods so far are a tt street chip, aeromotive 340 stealth fuel pump, 42 lbs injectors, turbonetics t3/t4 hybrid turbo, hotwire kit,scanmaster, adjustable fpr. The gaskets blew causr i ran the wrong spark plug and they detonated on me.

Those sound like basically stock heads that are slightly used. If your looking for a performance gain buy ported heads which the ones that you are referring to are not! Champion also ported iron heads in case you didn't know
Actually the heat crossover & EGR's are blocked off & never cast into the heads. Sort of how Champoin fills their heads. They are pretty much stock heads beyond this. Most people who buy these are porting the heads themselves.
We also sell Champion's as well.