You can type here any text you want

Anyone experience a miss or hesitation W/ dump open??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
HELP!!!I'm experiencing a miss or hesitation at WOT

I decided to open up the dump today and take it for a spin.This was the 1st time I've opened it up and actually drove it,it ran pretty good.It's a different feel as far as the way it pulls.It's really loud,and that te-44 sure has a sweet whistle!!!Anyways,like I said it ran pretty good,but I noticed when I was driving along at 60 or so mph,I would punch it and at the top of 3rd gear,I got a miss or hesitation where the car would kinda pop or cut out or whatever you could call it,then it would kinda clear out.
I didn't have this problem with the dump closed,so I'm not sure why it's doing it with the dump open.Do you think it's the plugs I'm using,which are Autolite 23's gapped @.035? See signature for combo I'm running.The boost is around 22-24 lbs w/ no knock,fuel pressure is around 42 lbs. line off,the SMC kit is coming in around 15 lbs,and the pump speed I've been moving from 12 noon to 5 o'clock position.
Thanks,The Darkside

I would say the car might be experiencing lean pop because you had the car tuned through the exhaust and when the dump is open you will gain 1-2 pounds boost. At least I do when my dump is open. Just a thought. Good luck.

I'll have to take it out for another spin & see what kind of o2's I'm seeing.
Another thought on why I think it may be the plugs:I see where some other members are going to the NGK UR5 plug because of getting what they call a miss at higher boost.Can someone who has had that problem give further explanation as to what their car was doing exactly?Does it sound as if my car has the same symptoms?

Thanks,The Darkside

Well,I took it for a spin hoping to get some o2 numbers,but the scanner decided not to work!!!
When I got home I popped the hood and noticed that the MAP sensor vacuum line was off!!!Noticed it was off earlier in the week also(figured I accidently knocked it loose messing around under the hood),but put it back on and never imagined I would find it off again.what would make it blow off?

The Darkside

people i know are running the NGK UR5 with alcohol and no problems without any popping, although they are recieving some knock retard as soon as they mash the gas. they say that the alcohol does not kick in right away. but since you are running a open dump, your boost will probalby spike a couple of pounds anyway, since you are tuning it through the exhaust.

Back