Anyone Had to Buy a Wahing Machine Lately?

We just got a LG front load washer and dryer set and I got the extended 3 year warrenty on it from sears. The reason we went with them was they were rated so high on consumer reports. So far so good but they don't seem to clean as good to me as the old top load models but do use a lot less water. The ones we got are direct drive with stainless tubs. I hope we don't have any problems from them, especially after 2500 bucks for the set

Honestly, It doesn't seem like anything is made to last for more than 4-5 years at all anymore:(

You can say that again. We had a GE microwave when I was a kid, dad bought it for mom for christmas 1985 or 1986 can't remember which year, but it served them well I want to say at least a good 15 years. Remember when Sears sold stuff under their name? We had a 1977 Sears color TV we bought new and it was still working when it was given away 20 years later.

But yeah, they figured out a long time ago they can make more money if they build it cheap so you'll have to buy a new one in 5 years.