You can type here any text you want

Anyone have experience with M/T's Drag Radial?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KevinB

I'm not talking about what they now call the ET Street Radial which used to be called the Drag Radial. I have a set of those and love them. I am talking about what they now call the ET Drag Radial. It's a slick that is a radial tire.

Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels

Are these supposed to hook as good or better than the bias-ply slicks?

I don't know any Buick guys using them, but I know a guy with a bottom 10 sec. Olds 442 that runs the Hoosier radial slicks and loves them.

I would be very interested to try some, but to my knowledge they don't come in 28/10.5, only like 29.5/10.5 or something like that. My car has no use for a tire that big, but maybe you could put them to use.

i want to try the 235-60-15 on a stock rim myself. i'd like to know the milage it might lasts and how it would do in rain.

The ones the OP is talking about would kill you in the rain...no tread at all it's a slick. The MT Streets woud suck as well. I never got caught in the rain with mine but there's pretty much 0 tread. I did get caught in the rain with some 235-60-15 BFG DR's and those did okay. They actually had a Comp TA style tread on them. They weren't great but they got me home.

yeah, i see it was different than the ones i was looking at in the summit book. i was looking at the et street radials. sorry.... and he even said he wasn't talking about the et street. i need a drink.

I ran those on my car last year and am again this year. I have gotten 1.3X 60' on them and like the down track ride.:D

Steve

Attachments

• 2008 BPG small.jpg
    2008 BPG small.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 148
Back