You can type here any text you want

Anyone have the link that shows how to replace the rear main seal ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

transampacecar

I remember seeing a link somewhere that gave detailed instructions on how to replace the rear main seal. I have been trying for two days to use the search function here and it comes up page not found when I click on search.
If anyone has the link, I would appreciate it.
Thanks

Also, what is the opinion of a regular repair shop that does not specialize in either the TTA or GN's being able to replace it or do I need someone who specializes in the turbo engine.

This doesn't have pictures but is pretty simple to follow http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/engine/rearmain.html

I would think any shop should be able to it but it's a very important piece. Make sure you fully trust the shop before you ever let them touch your car. Become familiar with the people and talk with the mechanic. Where are you located? You might be able to get one of the TTA guys from around you to come help you. If you're near me I would be glad to come help even though I have never done the rear main I have come close to it. Make sure it's your rear main leaking too and not just your pan gasket. There's like a piece of white with dashes on the crank where it exits the block, if it's still white it's probably just your pan gasket (or that's how it was in my case).

I am in lower New York. Thanks for the link
I do remember though a site that was different, but the one above helps

Back