You can type here any text you want

Rear main seal install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

joeb1300

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Looking for a someone who can replace my rear main seal 87 GN. Had motor built 10 years ago maybe 1000 miles on it always had a drip or two on floor . I’m tired of looking at it and I see oil is spreading onto the starter. . I live in South Carolina (Upstate) Spartanburg area. Last person I had worked this car it was shipped to Cottons in MA. Would love to find someone around me that knows these cars.

Rear main seal isn't a difficult job and ain't vehicle specific enough to ship outta state. Case of beer and a mechanic friend can get it done. Either way a local reputable mechanic shop should get it done easy.

Rear main seal isn't a difficult job and ain't vehicle specific enough to ship outta state. Case of beer and a mechanic friend can get it done. Either way a local reputable mechanic shop should get it done easy.
I don’t know. I do most of the work on my cars and trucks because I can’t find one I trust. I have to much money in this car . Would fell better if I knew someone who did this before

Ok I’m going to give it a go. Do I need a different oil pan gasket for a girdled crank? I thought I read something like that . Also what is the best rear main seal to buy. Thanks
Also I have a forged crank ,billet mains, girdle.

Ok I’m going to give it a go. Do I need a different oil pan gasket for a girdled crank? I thought I read something like that . Also what is the best rear main seal to buy. Thanks
Also I have a forged crank ,billet mains, girdle. I

somebody has a GN that doesn't lead oil . I don't know him. Its a two piece seal, plus two places along the cap to the block and you have a girdle.
No way would I drop the pan and girdle for a drip on the floor

Back