You can type here any text you want

Anyone know about Aero or Larry Hodge rims?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

I was looking at options for my buicks future diet, and stumbled upon Larry Hodge, and Aero Racing wheels.

I heard that the lightweight Hodge rims, are really not for 'high speed corners'.. Well, define 'high speed'. What shouldn't I do with those rims. Anyone?
According to their website, their 15x8's w/ 3.5" of backspace weigh in at 11.5 pounds, and are only a 150 bucks. Am I missing something? Why isn't every racer on this planet running these. What's wrong with these rims?

Also, these Aero's. 56 series. Welcome To Aero Race Wheels ~ Estherville, Iowa
They're steel, shaped like a GN rim, and come in chrome. They weigh 18 pounds, and cost, at some places, under a hundred dollars each. Again, something's gotta be wrong. Lightweight rims, for good prices. There's always a catch.

One last question. Look closely at the rims centres. Is there any reason, seeing as how the lugnuts will be in the exact same position (obviously) that our centre caps won't fit on these? Anyone try our caps on other rims?

I just did a quick google for Larry Hodge wheels and all I can find on the website is the Billet Specialties and the Weld Wheels. I also am interested in the lightest possible wheel without breaking the bank. Do you know the website where you found them?

those Aero wheels are so cheap because they are deisgned to be throwaway parts for circle track racers- they aren't technically street legal, either, since they aren't DOT approved. but then again, i don't think most aftermarket wheels are technically "street legal" either, but people still run them.

I did see the wheels that you were talking about. Those aren't a bad deal. I definitely like those better than the aero wheels. I wonder if they make a front that goes along with those that is a little less expensive? I searched the site and found some et fronts for $350!!

Back