You can type here any text you want

Anyone know any good tranny shops?

• Thread starter Thread starter Wilson
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
W

Wilson

Im looking for someone local who can install a Transgo shift kit in my 93 Camaro (700R4). If you know anyone or a shop that can do good work let me know. Thanks! :)

Try check out Paul at Hopaka Auto repair he did the trans rebuilt and shift kit on my GN. He not too known on tranmission work but he's good at what he does and his shop is very organize. Or you can check out Wayne at Kiyo's trans. a friend reccomend me to see him for my shift kit install on my T-Type very reasonable and fast. Kiyo's will also be doing my rebuild on my T-Type. But the bad thing is he works outside and if you car will be left overnight it will have to be left outside.

Originally posted by TurboV6
Wayne at Kiyo's trans. But the bad thing is he works outside and if you car will be left overnight it will have to be left outside.

I'll give him a call and see how much he wants for the install. I would think it would take a few hours for the shift-kit install. If its got to stay over night then im probably going to go else where. Thanks for the info. Anyone else know of any good tranny shops?

Tranny shops

Check randall @ Ace transmission in wahiawa, does a lot of perf work on transmissions, did my SS, and my Father-in-laws 4L60E in a '93 chevy p/u

Re: Tranny shops

Originally posted by HI85WH1
Ace transmission in wahiawa

Dam..Thats quite a drive for me since im out in Hawaii Kai. ;) But how much did they charge you for the shift-kit install? Im trying to get a baseline on how much shops are charging for this kind of install. Thanks! :)

Also say Jackson reccomend you to see him he might give you a better deal. It should not be let overnight.

Actually, I barter for most of my work (favor for favor+parts) I'll ask , but isn't '93 a 4L60E? (Electronic shift 700R4) and do you have parts, and if so, what shift kit do you have?

Why do you need a tranny shop to install a shift kit??? It isn't that hard. Damn, I'll do it for a 12 pack.... :) All you need is a 1/2 socket and a 10mm socket and a drill. Of course I probably shouldn't be talking since my tranny is the problem with my car right now, but I think It's almost healed..... I almost hear a track day FINALLY coming on.

Since my car is finally nearly complete, I am willing to let people borrow some of the specialty tools I have and I will even work for alcohol.. :)

Derrick
87 GN 11.8@118mph (2 years ago before 3/4 of the mods now)

HI85WH1- The 93 Camaro's came with 700R4's aka 4L60's. The 94+ Fbody's all came as 4L60E (electronic). :) I got everything needed for the install except the tranny fluid. Just need to find some place that sells Mobil fluid. I have the TransGo shift-kit and a brand new AC Delco tranny filter & gasket.

tazgn- I would do it myself but I hate being dripped on by tranny fluid. Its a dirty job. ;) Plus, if I mess up im pretty much screwed. I want to make sure who ever does my install knows what he's doing. I heard too many messed up shift-kit installs. If you are capable of installing it without messing anything up let me know. I can offer you beer + some money. :cool:

i think the only special tools youll need is a inch pound torque wrench which you do need when working with valvebodies, and a pick if you have to change springs in the valve body...drilling if needed is no problem....

OK F-cars '94-up, Fullsize P/U '93-up...Hmmm, damn GM, thanks for the info, what about b-bodies? :cool:

Go to Ray's Transmission Service on Queen St. They installed the Transgo kit in my Olds and installed a B&M shift kit in my GN. They also is one of the only shops on the island that rebuilds converters. They have a very nice and clean shop.

Ray's Transmission no longer does shift-kit installs. :( The guy recommend me to check out Ian at Pearl City Transmission. Anyone know if theses guys are any good?

wil, sorry ive been doing double shifts all week, ill check with ace in the morning

sorry they were closed today? dunno why. I'll try monday if I don't get stuck @ work again.... 72 hours in 5 days....Yawn, time to go nite-nite:rolleyes: another short nap:D insofar as PC trans, I hear they do great work, but personal freinds and myself have not had pleasurable experiences with their shop. one had a '93 454-SS P/U, wouldn't shift out of first until redline. then it'd go into false neutral. They said it needed to be rebuilt est($2K), and as it turns out the speed sensors had failed(Both of them) but thats just one bad....experience

Back