You can type here any text you want

Anyone know anything about PST caliper upgrade?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I believe that is actually THIS kit.

I know people on here have used it, but I never heard anyone say whether they really liked it or not.

I don't know, the PST kit says they are 47mm for power brakes, while the SSBC kit is 38mm:confused:

I don't know, the PST kit says they are 47mm for power brakes, while the SSBC kit is 38mm:confused:

I ran the ssbc ones for a little while. Ended up putting the stockers back. The one thing about them I did not like was line location. The head of the banjo bolt would hit the frame when the wheels were turned all the way. The problem had been relayed to ssbc and they blew it off say they found no problem.

The best thing I ever did for the brakes was the hydroboost system. IMO All the fancy calipers, rotors, braded lines, etc are a waist of money.

I put good rotors, ceramic pads and braided lines and have been very happy with the improvement.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty sure that's backwards...A manual brake car would most likely need the bigger pistons for more stopping power with less pressure...Same reason manual wheel cylinders are bigger than power brake wheel cylinders.

SSBC probably only lists the power brake calipers because you couldn't get our cars with Manual Brakes.

JMO, won't say I'm an expert on the subject.

I use the SSBC and had an issue with the braided line to, but made some modifications and put rubber hose over the line to protect them when I was running stock front control arms. Since I went to BMR upper and lower's dont have the same issue with the line. I love them.:D

Back