You can type here any text you want

Anyone know the requirements for Gen 7?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RED LS1

I have a Gen 7 that i'm gonna be using in a little bit. I really want to start looking for a Laptop but I can't find a list of requirements for the Gen 7 program to run. I have tried google searching for a while but didnt come up with what I need to know.

Thanks for any help

Gen 7 according to...

instructions-Micro-soft-95,98,NTor 2000
intel pent.-166mhz or faster
32MB of RAM, 64MB recommended
Monitor resolution of 640X480 Pixels, 800X600 recommended
if installing CalMap from CD, execute the program "Setup.EXE" from your computer's CD-ROM Drive. If from floppy, Setup.EXE from the floppy drive.

Select the desired location to install CalMap and the associated run-time engine into.

Click "Finish"button on the screen after selecting the installation locations. If installing from a floppy disk set, insert additional disks as the computer asks for them. when installation has been completed, a message will be displayed indicating that the installation has been successful. A window on the scren will appear w/a shortcut to the CalMap executable, as well as to the error code description file, and the Uninstall program for CalMap. Double click on the shortcut to
calMap to run the program.

In order to communicate to an ECM, the CalMap Communiction Cable must be powered up in a "key on" or 'running" mode in order to communicate properly w/CalMap.

Does this helpl?:cool:

YEs, Thats what I was looking for. Couldnt find that anywhere!

Maybe I'm pushing it but I really would like to see the same info for XFI.

Nick would ...

be able to help you there. If you need more info, google Accel gen 7 instructions. :cool:

Maybe I'm pushing it but I really would like to see the same info for XFI.

The information is just a keystroke away. When you have the XFI program open select [F1] and it will open the "Help Section"

Directly from the Help Section:

4.4.1 Setup:

From the pulldown menu, select COMMUNICATIONS/SETUP.

The communications setup window should now appear. Under the "General" tab, select "Direct Connection" for the ECU communication method.

Click on the "COM Port" Tab. From this screen, select the appropriate COM port for your PC. (On most laptop computers this is COM1.) Click "OK" when finished.

4.4.2 Connecting:

From the pulldown menu, select COMMUNICATIONS/CONNECT.

The hot key for this operation is “F2”. There should be a progress bar at the lower right of the screen, and the word "Online" should appear at the bottom left corner when the progress bar finishes.

Note - If the "Online" message appears, the communication setup directions may be skipped from now on. If the "Online" message does not appear, make sure that the ECU is properly connected to the ECU and verify that the COM port is functional and properly configured. The COM port configuration settings are located in the Windows Device Manager. If a “Incompatible Device” error message appears, either your software or firmware is in need of an update. Updates are available for download from the FAST website 24 hours a day. It can be found at Fuel Air Spark Technology - Leader In Electronic Fuel Injection.

Back