You can type here any text you want

Anyone know what this is worth?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

racerex1

1982 GN 1 of 25 built with the turbo that year. I have done some research but can't put a price on it. The car is mint as well as all original but the tires. It has been stored in a climate controlled garage it's whole life. 66,000 miles and all documentation as well. Any ideas. I have a chance to pick it up in a trade.
regal.jpg

regal2.jpg

regal3.jpg

regal4.jpg

regal5.jpg

Not sure of the value but this car has been on the market before. I would think that it would be priceless down the road considering it is the grand-daddy of all GNs and super low production #'s. Buy it and sit on it, watch your investment grow in value.

Greetings,

Normally don't keep track of non-GNX vehicles but this and the other early ones with a turbo are still of interest to some of us.

Though the "1 of 16" and "1 of 25" production figure claims have been circulating for years, there is no confirmation of that compared with those made with the 4.1 NA engine (the majority). Still, this is the "car that started it all," so to speak. Given that, you'd think it would have a bigger following, but the numbers don't bear that out unfortunately.

There is quite a long history to this particular car: It was listed and bid to $15,000 ending 1/03 out of Florida. It then went to Niles, Illinois and listed again on 8/2004 for $13,600. Relisted it ending 9/2004 with a starting bid of $16,250 (no reserve) out of Andover, Massachusetts with 65,352 miles. Subsequent relist with lowered start of $15,950 yielded no bids either (same month). Ran twice in 2007, first ending 2/26/07 for $12,500 top bid (Reserve Not Met) and subsequently ending 3/12/07 where it only reached $11,100.00 (not met again).

Given all the above, I would peg this car at $15,000 MAX, based on prior performance. I personally think it should bring more money (and might someday), but the market has been yawning on this car since 2003.

I can give you more detail if needed-- just PM me.

Hope this helps,
Doug

Thanks for the info. I would have ended up with 18k trade value invested. I kinda figured it was a little on the high side. If I had the money I would just store it for 10-20 years and cash in later but someone else will have to do that. I want a 86-87 gn to drive.... so I'm still looking. Again, thanks for the info.

Back