Anyone know where my car is???

ChrisRowe

Hey guys!!!

Been a long time since I have been on here!!!! :D

Anyway, I've got the erge for another turbo car and have been looking at a few. What I would really like to know is where my old car is. It was a t-top and cloth car with some goodies on it and was running high 10's when I sold it to a guy in Richmond. The build number was 1040, but I would have to do some digging to get the vin.

Anyone have any idea???

Thanks!!!

Chris Rowe

FWIW & IMHO:
Vin & carfax will get you the last registration station.
Maybe doing a search on all of the boards with the vin & pas ser no?
The tta boards & sites, maybe?
God luck in your search

Thanks Wells!!!

I just thought "maybe" someone on the board might have the car now. I would love to have it back just for sentimental reasons.

I have an o2 Electron Blue Z06. Funny how motorheads all think alike!! :D

BTW!!! Just in case some of you didnt know, I was the original moderator of Turbo Trans Am Tech. Work and family called me away, but I miss these old turbo cars!!!

Take care!!

Chris

FWIW & INHO:
Just my .02 worth, before taxes, too, here, but getting rid of your last turbo buick is like getting rid of your last girlfriend or wife only to find out that you are too old too find another that will put up with you. Good luck again, and if someone does own your car and be a member of any of the boards, there's a good chance that they have at some point mentioned the pas/build no on the site.

Was this the car that was on ebay about 1 1/2 years ago? I remember one out of richmond that was on ebay and claimed that the previous owner had run tens with it. Had a front mount and a 9" or 12 bolt. I think he ended the auction early because the car had a blown headgasket. TWOBRYANS went and looked at it for me.

trophystock,
It may have been!!! Sounds like my car!!! Wish I could find that auction.

87buick3825,
Buicks at Bristol was the last event I ran with it. :(

Thanks guys!!!

Chris

Originally posted by ChrisRowe
Thanks Wells!!!

BTW!!! Just in case some of you didnt know, I was the original moderator of Turbo Trans Am Tech. Work and family called me away, but I miss these old turbo cars!!!

Take care!!

Chris

We Remember....Don't be a stranger :) I'll stick your post for a day or two to give it maximum exposure to honor the service you've given the board in days gone by :cool:

OK guys here is the vin: 1G5FW2178KL245220

Looks like trophystock was right it was on ebay in Nov. of 03, guy was from Ashland, Va.

Anyone have a Carfax account??

Chris

Howdy chris!

Its been awhile hasnt it?

Good luck finding your old car, im sure it will turn up somewhere.

Take it easy buddy

BW

Thanks Brian!!!

How have you been???

I will probably be seeing you in about 3 weeks. :D
Gonna try and make the Nats this year!!! Might have to buy you an adult beverage or two!!

Take care!!!

Chris

Ok ran a carfax on the car, and according to the report the car hasnt been titled since I sold it,

Could it be that the guy I sold it to could still have it?? :lol:
I cant remember what his name is, nor can I find any of the paperwork where I sold it, but when I sold him the car he was running a small lot.

Anyone have any idea how I can get in touch with him???

Chris

Any news?

TTT

Its a long shot you've prolly already considered, but, John Pearcy could have #1040 documented to a new owner in the TTA registry.... ????

Could your car be overseas now?

lee