You can type here any text you want

anyone ran injector rail backwards

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo6man

I am doing a 63 chevy II gn project and I was looking at my fuel line routing and it looks like I can put my fuel injector rail on backwards and it will allow for a much cleaner fuel line hook up for me. Has anyone tried this? Ohh I should add that I am running a plenum spacer so the IAC is sitting about 1" higher because I could see where that would be an issue if the spacer was not there.

Attachments

• 100_6301.jpg
    100_6301.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 517
  • 100_6302.jpg
    100_6302.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 510
I am doing a 63 chevy II gn project and I was looking at my fuel line routing and it looks like I can put my fuel injector rail on backwards and it will allow for a much cleaner fuel line hook up for me. Has anyone tried this? Ohh I should add that I am running a plenum spacer so the IAC is sitting about 1" higher because I could see where that would be an issue if the spacer was not there.

if you ran it backwards you would have to relocate all of the injector bosses wouldnt you?.... you can clearly see 2 are closer together than the other... if they were all equidistant it wouldnt be much of a problem... if you dont mind hacking the rail go for it. although it might just be easier to make your own.:confused:

In the pictures shown, it's installed properly.

im gonna say, yes it would work because when you rotate the rail 180 the two closer injectors would be in the correct spot.

just as the cylinder heads can go on either side, i dont see why the fuel rail can not?!
8687intake.jpg

btw, that is a massive downpipe, same size as the exhaust housing?!:0

Maybe a front wheel drive rail would work?

Here is the rail flipped backwards and the injectors lined up, the rail runs too close.

BW

Attachments

• 100_5110 (Small).jpg
    100_5110 (Small).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 494
  • 100_5111 (Small).jpg
    100_5111 (Small).jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 489
I happened to have a few intakes and rails laying around, decided to see if it would work.

I would almost say, get some billet rails and you could put the inlet and outlet where you needed it.

BW

thanks guys!

I was sure someone would have the answer without me taking it back apart. I will investigate finding some billet fuel rails. Thanks again for taking the time to investigate and even send pics, James

No problem bud, just happened to have a few intakes laying around to see if it was going to work or not. I didnt know, so i had to try it out. :)

BW

Thats funny

That is funny guys:D It is an RJC 5" downtube out of the turbo to the first bend, then I made the rest myself out of 5" mild steel. Then where it goes out the fender well I drop it down to 4" pipe back to a magnaflow stainless steel muffler. I am very curious to hear how this is going to sound?????? Thanks again for the info, James

This thread is lacking more pictures of the chevy II

WE NEED MORE PICTURES!

A buddy of mine wants one real bad, i tend to agree with him!

BW:)

thanks guys

Thanks< I will check champions web site, and I will try to get some pictures posted of my project in the hybrid section soon.

X4. More pics.

Those first gen. Chevy II's are the lightest of all of the Chevy II/Novas ever built (2500-2700 lbs curb), very well built cars that were all metal and very simple.

Nice car BTW.

Thanks

Thanks to all who replied, and I posted some pictures in the hybrid section titled " 1963 chevy II "

Back