You can type here any text you want

Anyone Running 295/65/15 DR Tires?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNVYUS 1

The search came up nil with anything on GN owners running this tire. It's 30" tall and has a 12" section width. I'm just seeing some options out there to frame notching and running 325's as I know a guy with MT 275/60's that's blowing them off like nothing and I plan on running a bigger turbo and leaving on the transbrake with more psi than his launch boost ( around 5psi he said ).

Too bad no one makes a DOT Radial in 295/55/15. :(

The search came up nil with anything on GN owners running this tire. It's 30" tall and has a 12" section width. I'm just seeing some options out there to frame notching and running 325's as I know a guy with MT 275/60's that's blowing them off like nothing and I plan on running a bigger turbo and leaving on the transbrake with more psi than his launch boost ( around 5psi he said ).

Too bad no one makes a DOT Radial in 295/55/15. :(

If hes blowing them off like nothing hes got some suspension issues or hes bull$hitting about his launch boost. I can leave at 4-5 psi on the street with mine and no burnout or trackbite and they barely spin if at all with an immediate flat foot:biggrin: . With less air in the tires, burnout and trackbite i dont doubt 8-10 psi flat foot launches on the street. Thats with all steel up front too. With glass bumper, hood, aluminum heads, and other lightweight front end parts the launch boost could be raised substantially above that:eek: . So unless you or he has a car that runs mid 130's+ the 275 60-15 is fine. Those tires have been 1.30's 60' on the strip. I plan on running one more pass with the combo in my sig. 1.45 60' on the t-brake will be no problem. You look to have a mid to low 11 second ride on a decent tune. With more turbo high tens. Im assuming you have a good SLIC or FM intercooler. If not then about .3-.4 slower. I wouldnt worry bout more than a 275 60-15 unless you are planning on running 9's.

Dude there are cars running mid 7s with the 275/60/15 MT Drag Radial...they even have a class of their own. Something is not rt like bison said.

MT ET Street Drag Radial comes in a 295/65/15 but since it's 30" tall it's a little out of my needs.

My buddy has a heavily modded GN with a BB66, Fast etc totally built. I don't doubt though that his suspension needs some tweaking as I've seen some crazy 60fts with the 275/60/15 MT's. I think I'm just not willing to go to that tire because of the size it says on the sidewall to be honest. I should probably cool it on the frame notch and just get them and be done with it.

I just wish someone made a Drag Radial in 295/55/15 so we'd have a perfect tire width and height for us and others like Mustangs etc.

MT ET Street Drag Radial comes in a 295/65/15 but since it's 30" tall it's a little out of my needs.

My buddy has a heavily modded GN with a BB66, Fast etc totally built. I don't doubt though that his suspension needs some tweaking as I've seen some crazy 60fts with the 275/60/15 MT's. I think I'm just not willing to go to that tire because of the size it says on the sidewall to be honest. I should probably cool it on the frame notch and just get them and be done with it.

I just wish someone made a Drag Radial in 295/55/15 so we'd have a perfect tire width and height for us and others like Mustangs etc.
Your not willing to go tot he 275 60-15? I just bought 3 sets of them. I barely have 300 miles on the st i have on the car and i was so impressed i ordered again to be sure i always have a fresh set on hand:biggrin:

Here's the 295/65.

steele7.jpg

It's very tall and I like the 325/50 much better as far as fit is concerned. The 295 is a better tire for racing than the 325 IMO.

The 325 and the 295 will need a frame notch to make them fit correctly.

I'd be looking into suspension issues like control arm bushings, pinion angle, rear to front alignment, binding caused by unequal length upper control arms.

Guys have been 7.60's at 180+ on the 275/60. No tire will hold a hell bent launch on a hot track surface.

Wow that thing looks like a beast in there.

Dusty are you on the stock drums or aluminum?

Mickey T says it's an 11.9" sidewall which is only .3" more than what I have now ( so split that in half for each side of the rim ) and with the aluminum drums looks like at best I'd have to hammer one spot on the frame to clear. I easily have 1/2" with the aluminum drums and a 15x10 at 4.5" BS.

With those tires though you ain't getting many takers on the street. :D

I'm pretty much going 275/60 or 295/65 as doing a frame notch etc is just too silly for me now.

Anyone looking for the GN Frame Notch Kit or 15x10 Polished Autodrags with a 5" BS??

I have disk brakes on the rear.

You can try fitting the 295's. I know of one car that put them on without a frame notch but the ride height was up higher than I like to keep the fender off the tire.

I prefer the lower ride height of the 275's.

Back