Anyone running 4l80E full manual?

Yes i am talking about a stock converter.Dacco brand, there are 2 choices,The eariler and heavier is a B81 and a B82 and the later lighter ones are the B81NS or B82NS.I agree that nobody will probably run a stock converter,I am just stating the fact that the stock ones are heavy converters.I am sure the trans with alot of aftermarket parts they can be alot lighter.But they will still probably be heavier than a 200r4.I am sure that some people try to keep the weight down on cars.I Also agree that they are a strong trans with the benifit of the overdrive and lockup.Most people that have 800 rwhp probably dont care about the weight but care about how strong it is.I dont want to argue about this.I am just putting out the facts i know about trannys.I have to lift them everyday.And 1 time we weighed a B81 because we couldnt belive how heavy it was.We were just curious.So to me the trans with converter is heavier.

4l80e

i've swapped over to a 4l80e from a 700r4 and previous 200r4. what a difference this tranny has made, the shifts happen so fast, the lockup in drive and overdrive feels like another gear. i would recommend the swap to anyone especially at that power level. i'm running a precision 3 disc l/u converter and all is controlled by big stuff3. i'm sure the manual conversion would work fine but it's really easy to tune using a laptop. if you search the archives for this swap you should find previous threads relating to what you require to install it. i traded slight weight gain for the durability and don't believe that it hurts performance enough to worry about. pm me for any questions if you wish.

I'm still really curious how we cram 12+ extra lbs in a converter...

Maybe Mike will chime in and weigh a 4L80 converter for us...

DSCN0177.jpg

Stock converter full of fluid...

DSCN0178.jpg

DSCN0179.jpg

4L80E core, complete with fluid and yoke...

Back in Highschool 20 plus yrs ago I use to swear up and down the Ounce's of weed I would sell weighed 28 grams but they were a little light, they didnt care, they just wanted to get high.

bickering over 15 pounds here and there when your ride is putting down 600 ft pounds to the ground:rolleyes:

we do make a full manual forward and reverse pattern 4l80e with brake.ill get into it soon.