You can type here any text you want

Anyone running MT ET Streets on 16" GNX wheels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I currently have the MT Drag Radials on the back (255/50/16) and they are OK but they don't hold up at the track past 5 psi. I was looking at the 28x11.5x16 or the 28x12.5x16 ET Streets. Anyone ever try these? I'm pretty sure I would need a spacer for the 12.5" tires, not sure about the 11.5".

welp i had the 11.5 et street and i kept breaking inner tubes and the tire kept coming off wheel! i was told to screw them down but i said no thanks and now use street tires and no boost!! this was done on GTA wheels also

Don, I ran the 28 x 12.50 x 16 ET streets on gta wheels. They were garbage in my opinion. Best 60ft ever with them was 1.59 but usually mid 1.60's. I switched to 28 x 10 hoosier slicks & average 1.50 on a good track now. I have been 1.48 a few times but I still have other issues with 60ft. You will probably need a 1/2" spacer or notch the frame. I notched my frame so I have some nice billet aluminum spacers if you are interested. I also have those crappy old ET streets for REAL cheap.:) But if you want to hook & must use those wheels I say the hoosiers are the way to go.

I currently have the MT Drag Radials on the back (255/50/16) and they are OK but they don't hold up at the track past 5 psi. I was looking at the 28x11.5x16 or the 28x12.5x16 ET Streets. Anyone ever try these? I'm pretty sure I would need a spacer for the 12.5" tires, not sure about the 11.5".

I ran 1.55-60' times w/ M & H's 275/55/16's on my Kirban GNX wheels = 28" Tall tire,great for keeping in Drive while going thru the Traps!
HTH
FRED

Be aware that with any non-radial tire on the street, the street handling of your car will suffer serioulsy.

I ran BFG drag radials for years and then tried M&Hs and MT ET street legal non-radial street "slicks" for extra traction. While I gained traction, the car handled much different, horribly IMO, and forget about driving in the rain.

Back