You can type here any text you want

Anyone Up For A TSO Race In Norwalk?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboDiverArt

The Guru Thorn
I’m trying to see if there is any interest in a TSO race at Norwalk this year. Nothing fancy and hopefully without all the drama of past races. Let’s face it, there have been only two TSO races a year and that’s not enough. Hopefully Indy will bring a third, I think we need more.

Roberta has said that they can squeeze a race into the program for us. Not Sunday as that’s Quick-16 and many TSO racers compete in Q-16. I’m thinking maybe Friday, the day would have to be worked out with Roberta.

Here’s the deal, it’s less than 6 weeks from Norwalk. There is no guarantee that there will be anyone to sponsor the race and put money up, especially if we are not going to have at least an 8-car field. I know of at least 4 cars that will be at Norwalk and willing to race, Rich Rezes, Jack Cotton, Chris Lyons and myself. That’s half a field. I know it’s tough being only 3 weeks after BG. I’m not sure if Otto Pernick is coming to Norwalk. If a sponsor doesn’t step up to sponsor the race I’m personally willing to make it a gamblers race with each racer kicking in $20-$30 and winner taking 75% and runner up getting 25%. Heck, I’d be willing to race for free and make it just a fun race. If you’re going to be at Norwalk making passes, why not make passes on a pro tree with a guy in the other lane with similar power?

If there are any TSL guys out there you are more than welcome to race as your cars will certainly pass tech as would TSM. Many of the cars with the traction Norwalk offers would certainly have a chance of winning. I’m looking to have a fun race without all the drama and to have some fun.

I’d be more than willing to run tech, we would be following the rules as everyone agreed upon, those being followed at Salem and Indy. These are very similar to BG TSO rules with the exception that there is a loophole when it comes to safety. If you car is safe you have nothing to worry about, period!

Just come out and have some fun and laughs! I personally don’t usually run a Pro-Tree so I for one should be good for a few laughs!!

If interested please speak up and if we have enough interest I’ll work with Roberta to put something together!

Art.

TSO Race

No way to pull this off on Sunday? Rather run TSO then Q-16 if I have the option.

Ted A. said:
No way to pull this off on Sunday? Rather run TSO then Q-16 if I have the option.
That would be up to Roberta really when it could be fit in. Personally I’d like to run both and running Q-16 and TSO is inevitably not going to give enough cool down time unless TSO qualifying was on Friday and eliminations early where TSO elimination runs could count towards Q-16 qualifying. Basically you'd be running eliminations all day on Sunday for TSO and Q-16.

I want to run Q-16 because one of these days a turbo car is going to win Q-16, one of these days.

Does this mean you’re in Ted? Are you not making it to Norwalk on Thursday and Friday?

Has anyone spoken to Dave Fiscus? Is he still running a TSO car? Anyone know if he’ll be making it to Norwalk and is interested in a TSO race?

Art.

The track is 2.5 hours from here. I was just planning on Sunday as of now. So whatever the case is I will be there. :biggrin:

Hey, that's great!! With Dave it makes 8, I think we have a race!! Who knows, maybe a few others will want to race too. This should be a lot of fun!!

If anyone has suggestions let me know. I'm willing to race for fun or make it a gamblers race. Really doesn't matter to me. I'm just too tired trying to catch up on the maintenance that was neglected on the car, house and work over the winter to try and find a sponsor.

I want it to be a fun race. Don't anyone break in BG for god’s sake!!

Art.

We are currently petitioning Nextel to be a sponsor as well as NOS to sponsor us by providing thier beverages in exchange for the 1st opportunity to sponsor a heads up Turbobuick race class. We are expecting a answer any time.

I will continue to offer my standard $100 contingency money. Art, PM me (or call) with sponsorship info.

HighPSI said:
I will continue to offer my standard $100 contingency money. Art, PM me (or call) with sponsorship info.
Sorry, I just saw this Cal. I must not be getting instant message notification from TB.com again! Thank you, I'll call you tomorrow.

Art.

TurboDiverArt said:
Sorry, I just saw this Cal. I must not be getting instant message notification from TB.com again! Thank you, I'll call you tomorrow.

Art.

321-863-2303

Back