Anyone use racetronix double pumper harness and or fab thier own double pumper? Pics?

turboc87gn

Darkside in Detroit
Who knew finding a y coupler locally would be so hard? I ended up buying this...http://www.parker.com/portal/site/P...extdiv=687547&vgnextcatid=1943482&configtype=
And this Parker - EB-64-0500 I started this thread cause i noticed racetronix harness dosent come with destructions and im wondering how others installs have gone....

I was gonna wait and just use my single reds pump i just bought but my buddy just bought a double pumper so he sold me his reds pump and sending unit for $75 that he took out... So i figured what the heck might as well do the double pumper now!!!!! :biggrin:Should i use the used pump as the primary or secondary?

I may use metal tubing instead of the plastic but its rated for gas and ethanol and 125 psi working pressure...The fittings on the y block are rated at 150 psi working pressure.. Any advice and pics of installs would be cool and im sure would help other besides myself.....:cool:

i bought a complet dbl pumper from ractronix
i cant find that famous Y
no choice to use the racetronix fitting

few pics if it can help

Attachments

• low pmp double 001.jpg
    low pmp double 001.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,052
  • low pmp double 004.jpg
    low pmp double 004.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,075
  • low pmp double 008.jpg
    low pmp double 008.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 1,039
  • low pmp double 012.jpg
    low pmp double 012.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,025
  • low pmp double 024.jpg
    low pmp double 024.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,035
We must have been typing at the same time... Wow!!!!I found plenty of T s if i knew i coulda did it like that i wouldda saved a day of drivin to every parts store in town..everyone looked at me like i was crazy when i showed/told them what i was making till i started showin them pics of complete units online lol...How long has racetronix been sellin complete double pumpers? You got the part #s or a link to where you found it?

there is the conversation by email i had with racetronix
it is a great and nice company
i have more pics if you want

from buttom to the top

----------There is no manual, just tech tips to questions posted by customers. That is why it says right on top of our web store ad the following:
"Please note that this is a limited production item. There are no manuals that come with this harness. It is recommended that the customer have advanced wiring skills and experience with Racetronix plug and play wiring solutions. Support can be obtained via our private support forum only once the purchase is made."

Racetronix

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 11:08 PM
To: Sales @ Racetronix
Subject: Re: need a double pumper in-tank for a buick GN 87

ok thanks

can you give me the link to "how to built a buick double pumper on your owne hinger"
try to find it by my self but no succes

thanks to help

claude
----- Original Message -----
To: 'claude
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 10:43 PM
Subject: RE: need a double pumper in-tank for a buick GN 87

Sorry, we do not manufacture a complete unit. You provide the sender.
We can provide everything else:

Racetronix - G7 Double Pump Kit - Kit Configuration Page

Racetronix - GSS340M - 255L/Hr Fuel Pump - High Pressure

Racetronix - Filter Sock, In-tank Fuel Pump

Assembly support is provided via our forum only.

Thanks.

Racetronix

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 9:08 PM
To: sales@racetronix.com
Subject: need a double pumper in-tank for a buick GN 87

goooooood morning

I need a double pumper in-tank for a buick GN 87

do have it it in a complet kit ?

BTW i can put the kit on my stock pump hinger if you dont have it

please let me know

many thanks

Good stuff! I will post my DIY version soon. The only thing I would be concerned about is the T fitting, one pump flowing into another one instead of both in the same direction (Y fitting). Maybe it would work just fine, just speculating....:)

I used that same Y compression fitting on mine and leaked , My hanger is stainless so it didnt work, I have the Racetronix harness and is top notch. I made my own pump hanger and silver soldered it on.I used a stainless Y and also siver soldered it on the feed line

I used that same Y compression fitting on mine and leaked , My hanger is stainless so it didnt work, I have the Racetronix harness and is top notch. I made my own pump hanger and silver soldered it on.I used a stainless Y and also siver soldered it on the feed line
Where did it leak at? and where did you get your y fitting?

The brass would not compress on the stainless it leaked at the top of the nut, so much that the vent line was full of fuel, I got the stainless Y at Grainger 3/8" that I modified to fit then silver soldered on

Well here is my budget diy double pumper, there will be a dual -6 to -8 Y fitting outside the tank to feed the rails, -6 return. It got a bit full at the end, but should work good.

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

I forgot to mention that I am using an aftermarket (VDO) gas gauge sending unit for my digital dash, stock one did not behave itself.

The compression fitting will not seal properly if the steel line is out of round or has a rough surface. The steel tube's surface should be cleaned with a fine grit sandpaper so it is smooth. When cutting off the tapered part of the line make sure that it does not get crushed and that the cut is clean and straight. A good amount of torque must be applied using two wrenches to ensure that the brass ferule gets enough crush to seal properly inside the fitting.

If you fail to get a good seal it is best to remove the coupler, apply some solder flux, re-assemble the coupler and solder it up with a small torch. This must be done carefully so as not to melt the adjacent components.

little detail here

if you do the montage like me the holder need to be notch there ( arrow )
maybe im wrong but it is the best way i found to have the same height installation
as OEM. about the "T" i put 1/2 hour to polish tube with a 600
and i tight it very very hard

claude

Attachments

• low pmp double 013.jpg
    low pmp double 013.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 855
little detail here

if you do the montage like me the holder need to be notch there ( arrow )
maybe im wrong but it is the best way i found to have the same height installation
as OEM. about the "T" i put 1/2 hour to polish tube with a 600
and i tight it very very hard

claude

You have the bracket upside down.

Billet CNC Pump Couplers in stock

Billet CNC Pump Couplers in stock:

Discounted price when bundled with our Double Pump Kit: