Anyone using new card style MAF sensors in 4" adapters

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
I did a search and there is very little on it on here. One guy says hes using it but no feedback as to tip in stumble, driveability, etc.

Im looking at the 2006 and newer card styles that fit inside a 4"adapter so I can using it with my 4" pipe and filter with out adapters.

The 2005 and earlier ZO6 85mm isnt quite 4 inches and needs adapter hoses. As it 3-7/8" in and 3-11/16" out.

Curious if anyone has used the card style with luck?
Bob Bailey mentioned there is some eddy currents and weird low flow air occurences that can make it funky to tune.

I have the gen2 so have some tweaking I can do if need be to get it close.

Anyone?

Subscribed.... i want to know too... this is one of my winter projects... i know there is a thread somewhere and the OP says it works great with zero issues [regarding tip in stumble]

aaron

turbo nasty said:
I did a search and there is very little on it on here. One guy says hes using it but no feedback as to tip in stumble, driveability, etc.

Im looking at the 2006 and newer card styles that fit inside a 4"adapter so I can using it with my 4" pipe and filter with out adapters.

The 2005 and earlier ZO6 85mm isnt quite 4 inches and needs adapter hoses. As it 3-7/8" in and 3-11/16" out.

Curious if anyone has used the card style with luck?
Bob Bailey mentioned there is some eddy currents and weird low flow air occurences that can make it funky to tune.

I have the gen2 so have some tweaking I can do if need be to get it close.

Anyone?

It's been done and it was a success from what I read I'll try to find the thread for you.

I still say they suck :(.

The 85mm is an excellent running MAF, but the stick type in a 4" pipe just isn't any good at low flows. It makes the BLMs wander all over the place due to those eddy currents or whatever. Idle fueling is inconsistent and light throttle driving is inconsistent too.

I started messing around with mine again recently using a different chip (non extender) and it's still not very good. I might try fitting a MAF screen in front of it if I can find one big enough.

I still say they suck :(.

The 85mm is an excellent running MAF, but the stick type in a 4" pipe just isn't any good at low flows. It makes the BLMs wander all over the place due to those eddy currents or whatever. Idle fueling is inconsistent and light throttle driving is inconsistent too.

I started messing around with mine again recently using a different chip (non extender) and it's still not very good. I might try fitting a MAF screen in front of it if I can find one big enough.

x2

I have the same experience with this.

This is the info I was looking for and I appreciate it.

Did your try open loop idle with a Gen2 or Pro or just a regular chip?

Was your filter under the hood (fan wash)?

What was your BLM variance you mention?

Tip in stumble? Or did it just fall on its face and continue stumble?

Maybe mine is the only one that works. The theory I have is that a stroker with 255 inches will be moving just a tiny bit more air at low rpm. Throttle response is instant at any time with or without a load at any rpm. Works fine with the A/C on, idling in drive-thru's, stop and go street traffic.

I got mine from Mike at Full Throttle and I use it with the lt1 translater and it works great and looks even better. It idles great and has great low end driving characteristics . There is no downside for me . I ran this setup on a 3.8 with a 212hyd roller n 80lb inj. TT chip. I flat paddle my car from a stop with 0 boost and it traps at 127mph at the track in the 1/4.