Anyone using Remflex gaskets ?

Have had them on my GN for a couple years now. Header gaskets, turbo flange and downpipe. Of course I may be biased because I sell them but haven't had any problems with them. The key is following directions and not tightening the crap out of them when installing.

Gaskets

Remflex.

I've got a huge stack of blown out felpros hanging on my wall. Remflex are now the only gasket I use. Just be sure to tighten them in the order you would on a head gasket. As long as you don't overtorque them, they're almost bullet proof. I've only been able to blow out two of them. One was the first set, that I overtorqued to about 30 Ft lbs. The second was when I left a bolt loose, and it still lasted about fifty 10 second passes.:eek:

Recomended torque is only 10-14 Ft lbs. You'll want to go tighter. Resist that temptation and you'll be fine.;)

Another thread. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/224355-new-header-gasket.html

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

I've had good luck with them and scanmaster numbers indicated no leaks..Even had my headers on and off a few times and reused them with no issues..

Please note these are marketed as a one time use gasket. If you have reused without issue that is great! BUT just want people to realize that. Got plenty in stock here at TR Custom Parts.

header to turbo gasket has been on for months now no issues...dont over tighten!!!

Gonna order a set after the holiday getting the header gaskets and the header to turbo gasket. Will post up my thoughts after a couple weeks. So what's the magic number on the torque ? Do you guys use thread locker or anti sieze on the bolts ?

i forget what the tourqe is but i think anti sieze is your friend everywhere you can use it!

Do the headers come with instructions and a torque setting

I have a set of header gaskets, they work great. The torque spec is on the package. They are a compressible gasket, if you over torque, it will bottom out on the gasket and won't work properly.

Recommended torque for Remflex header gskts

I have a set of header gaskets, they work great. The torque spec is on the package. They are a compressible gasket, if you over torque, it will bottom out on the gasket and won't work properly.

Here's the response I got back from Remflex when I asked the very same question:

Recommended torque on that gasket is 15-17 FT LBS.

Thank You

Rem Sr.

Have them on both of my cars, got them from Mark. No problems whatsoever. Torque the header bolts to around 12-14 ft-lb and the manifold to turbo to only 10-12 ft-lb.

Cr@p, I didn't see any torque specs on the packaging and no instructions so I went with factory specs on everything. :mad: Too late now, just hope and pray...

Prob not just order them online. I went through a couple sets of gaskets and these were by far the best but eventually I did blow one out. Honestly the best route is to run no gaskets at all, as long as your headers aren't warped it will seal just fine I added some copper rtv for extra measure. Need to add that my failure possibly came from user error on the install, nothing bad to say about the gasket it's self just pointing out that they are not needed.

Hey Justin,

Performance Improvements carry these. Unfortrunately, they don't stock em for the buick V-6. I've had them order these in for me before.....takes 2-3 days to get em in.

dave

Last edited: