Anyone using South side bars?

TURBOV6

"SECRET PARTS"
Staff member
I wanted to know hows the ride on the street. And also does it bolt on?

I have a brand new set at home, where it has been sitting for the past 3+ yrs! :eek: Les runs them on his car.

Geoff

Want to sell them Geoff? I heard bad things about those traction bars and also the ride!

Originally posted by TurboV6
Want to sell them Geoff? I heard bad things about those traction bars and also the ride!

Hmmm... Maybe.

They look like a pain in the a$$ to put on! That's why they are still "sitting" :)

BTW. I found the two fold down license plate brackets for you, and a pair of aluminum drums for myself! :D

Geoff

SSM bars

i was reading either on GNTTYPE.ORG in the recipe section OR on someone's web site that they actually LOST time in their 60 foot times after going faster than 12's. they go on to say they took off the SSM's and went faster 60 foot and ended up going into the 11's. just what i've heard...hope it helps.

Jackson, The ride on the street is okay. My 1.75 60' time kinda sucks:( My upper arms are still the stock ones, I just put a order in for some Metco's. I think if you get a set with poly bushings on both ends you might be better off, the South Sides hit a little too hard for the loose track we have. If you can get a good deal on some SS then I would say try it because Dean runs them and he got some 1.5? 60's. Les

I just took my SSM bars off. They are to noisey for me on the street. They also don't have any bushings so they ride rougher. They are supposed to be bolt in, but they really should be welded. If their not welded they will come loose. I'm not sure if they helped or not.