You can type here any text you want

Anything special needed for skinnies?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Beamer

I am going to keep my eye out for a set of skinnies for track use. I have a set of Centerline Auto Drags with slicks for the track and believe I would drastically improve with some skinnies also verses my 15X7.5's with 245/60 or 70R15's that I have been running.

Is there anything that I need to ensure before buying them with respect to backspacing or anything else? I am looking for a used set and will check on Ebay every once in a while. I just want to make sure that I know what I need.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Thanks for the links...

It looks like a 3.5" with 1.5" back spacing to a 5" with 3.5" back spacing. That kind of gives me an idea to push away from the rotor about 2" or so to keep a proper fit inside the fender. As for height, I would use 26" to 28", I believe. I am only looking for track time to reduce weight and drag on the ground.

Any other comments are welcomed. I am hoping to find a used set of wheels at least, by the way...

Mike

Back