Applied Technology gone belly-up

GNVenom

I just got the letter today, ATR bankrupt. Phil Griffith sold the business and retired several years ago, and apparently the new owner couldn't keep it going.

Another Buick vendor gone tits-up! I hate to hear that!

-John Spina

Here's the claim:

Attachments

• atr bankruptcy.jpg
    atr bankruptcy.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 988
That sucks

I wondered why they werent doing the double pumper anymore I hope everyone gets the parts

Johnny

they always treated me fair

If you liked their exhaust, give Cotton's a call. I believe they stole one of his designs when he sent them some pipe to bend years ago.

Originally posted by Night Train
If you liked their exhaust, give Cotton's a call. I believe they stole one of his designs when he sent them some pipe to bend years ago.

Used or copied their design would be a better word
or
improved ATR's design.

Yes, they did have good stuff!

:D

I always felt these guys had good to premium products at premium prices.

But, let's face it, there are only so many TRs, and as the saying goes, they ain't making any more.

I know they tried to branch out into other makes/models, but if you're making Mustang or ricer stuff, for example, there's lots of competition.

I expect the original principals got extremely rich off the business in the day...

strike

That really sucks to hear about ATR. They did have great products. Their sway bar and exhaust systems were top of the line. If anyone is looking for sway bars though, I just got one from Aggressive Performance. The had a couple in stock too. I don't know think that anyone can replace their exhaust systems though. That is going to be a tough one. It's to bad to hear all of this.

I'd hate to sh|t in anyone's Wheaties, but I'd bet money that the ATR sway bar is a GM piece from a truck. The same piece is available from Metco if I recall correctly. ATR used to sell their GNX-like ladder bar setup with the GM inventory stickers still attached (it was from certain F-bodies with ATR modifications to work on the TRs.)

I too hate to see them go. I have kept a few old catalogs from the 80's and still have the ATR catalog that showed up at my dad's house when I was in college at OU in late '87. Never did figure out how they found my 'real' home address (although I did register the car at dad's address.) They were always willing to help sponsor the TSM Point Series also.:(

Just because they filed Chapter 11 doesn't necessarily mean they are out of business. Isn't that just a reorganization bankruptcy?

ATR Rear Sway Bar!

DON'T WORRY!!, Aggressive Performance sells the same
1 3/8" rear sway bar complete with all hardware necessary to install!.

We are even offering this bar on sale right now for the price of $149.00 for the complete kit. We have them in stock ready for immediate delivery.

We are currently trying to get a group purchase together on these Aggressive Bars. Please call or email us with inquires. We will be happy to provide you with all of your suspension needs!

ORDER YOUR AGGRESSIVE SWAY BAR TODAY!!

Mark good point, I will call them in the am to verify this. As it is now this information is posted on all the Buick boards. I would hate to think we sealed the last nail:(

Big corporations do it all the time. Look at K-Mart, they file Chapter 11 a few years ago and now they buy Sears!:confused:

Exactly.chapter 11 is reorganization.they will need to hire lawyer to pay creditors and hopefully it will be accepted by the court.also they could try to sell the co to someone who thinks they can get them out from under this mess.many companies have this happen due to either poor managment,poor sales numbers,price increases not passed along or someone not paying on a large sale.Also Ive seen companies pay to much for a company due to poor due diligence.this could be the case here if the numbers were fluffed ,I wish the the best and hope no one out their gets hurt to bad

Originally posted by Scott231
I'd hate to sh|t in anyone's Wheaties, but I'd bet money that the ATR sway bar is a GM piece from a truck. The same piece is available from Metco if I recall correctly.

I'd take that bet :)

ADDCO will make you a custom swaybar, if you order a large quantity of them. Back in the 70's you only had to order 10 to get a big @ss swaybar (which at the time was 1.25").

Ron Kincade worked at ATR them started Metco and took some of the knowledge and customers with him.

I remember when Ron brought a new ATR header to a club meeting and I found a large crack in it and handed to a fellow club member and welding engineer who found a bunch more. It wasn't too long after that, Ron left ATR.

I don't know what the future will bring for them, but I do know that they were still there when I called at noon today. I had lost the directions to my double pumper kit.:rolleyes: By the time I had the tank dropped they had already faxed me a new set. :)

ATR

I called them today and the lady that answered the phone said they are still in business. I called to make sure I could still get my S2 headers.:D

Originally posted by BuickGn Boosted
Big corporations do it all the time. Look at K-Mart, they file Chapter 11 a few years ago and now they buy Sears!:confused:

Umm, not to get off subject here, but K-mart didn't buy Sears (a popular misconception at the time it happened, but just that, a mis conception). Sears bought K-mart.