You can type here any text you want

AR Optics

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dreamn4GN

Looking to pick up some kind of optic. With the way ammo is , i thought about getting a nice scope, Once I get it sighted it, I figure it would cut down on ammo use shooting at longer range. Cant afford any of the usual suspects, Aimpoint, EO Tech all that. Plus they arnt very easy to get your hands on. Just looking for some suggestions or reviews from what you guys use. I havnt had the chance to search for scopes. Do they have any scopes designed for AR's??? Any imput appreciated

Yep. Leupold. They have a line they call "Mark AR" that are designed specifically for the AR15 platform. I have one on my Gas piston AR. Good optics dont necessarily make a good rifle, but bad optics can make a good rifle terrible.

Good optics dont necessarily make a good rifle, but bad optics can make a good rifle terrible.

LOL aint that the truth...my buddy put a $30 ebay red dot sight on hit $1000 stag arms AR and brought it deer hunting this season. right at dusk 4 came out when he threw up the gun to shoot, the off colored sight lense made them invisible. I talked sh*t to him about that for days

Or you could just learn to shoot properly.:p The AR can easily hit a man sized target at 300 meters, just like we were tought to do in basic.;)

What type of scope do you want... Do you want a CQC type, mid range, or long range? Price range?

Or you could just learn to shoot properly.:p The AR can easily hit a man sized target at 300 meters, just like we were tought to do in basic.;)

I like the iron sights on AR's a lot ...my buddy (mentioned above) went back to his colt rail irons after that event. Ive recently gone to open sights on most of my rifles it makes them more fun to shoot for me. BUT, if the OP plans on shotting anything past 50 yards a scope would be superior IMO.

What type of scope do you want... Do you want a CQC type, mid range, or long range? Price range?
Not really sure what I want haha, Just looking for an all around good optic. I used my iron sights out to 300yds. But my buddys AR has just a 100 dollar Pine Ridge scope on his and i really liked shooting it out at 300. I dont really have the coin for a legit scope and drop 250 plus., thats why Im trying to get idea's. I might just put a nice red dot on it and go from there for now. And keep on looking

Well it depends on what you want to spend... I good cheap way that I have a couple of is the UTG, leapers, is one of their red dots with a 3 x magnifier w/ flip over mount! For just plinking, for the price I think it is hard to beat!

I like these

http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail....=&level2=&itemno=SCP-DS3039W&status=&mtrack=m

http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail....r&level2=&itemno=SCP-MF3WQS&status=&mtrack=8m

I like the first one. I just put an order in for 1,000 rds of .223 so the optic will hafta wait another week or two. But the prce for the ITG3.9" is very duable. Is that have any magnification do you know of? Also looking to pick up some .40 S&W ammo. Any good ammo sites that arnt closed and are still taking orders?

Back