are adjustable upper rear control arms necessary? pinion angle too

Six_Silver

I am looking for 1.4x 60' times this year. The plan is to get the HR bar and .5" longer lowers. Do I need a set of uppers also? Will my pinion angle be good for the 60' time I am looking for with stock uppers and the HR .5" longer lowers? What will the pinion angle be? Also, what is the ideal pinion angle?

Thanks.

That is a lot more questions than it looks like

Adjustable lowers will ensure that you can get the pinion angle that you need, which will vary from 4 degrees down to 1.5 degrees down, depending on how rigid your control arms are. I would call them a good investment.

Actually I meant adjustable uppers

And what is the purpose of the .5" longer lowers? Just curious. And are they boxed? :cool:

The HR lowers are .25 longer not .5 unless you are getting something custom. The .25 will work fine. I recommend the adjustables for fine tunning your suspension. I would get them. The reason for the longer ones is it increases the pinion angle right out of the box. Gives you a better a better starting point. For heavy strip these are the ticket. For a street strip cars the stock length are good to go. I have the adjustable uppers and 1/4 longer on my 11 going on 10 car. They have excellent street manners. I use the .25 longer lowers too.