You can type here any text you want

Are 'Cheap" 6x9s better than stock 4x10s?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XLR8

Lost at Altitude
Since my original factory stereo unit bit the dust, I installed an inexpensive Kennwood CD player. The factory stereo had the built in equalizer so I had the bass at almost full. With the new deck, there is very little bass. Would an inexpensive pair of 6x9s such as an Infinity 3 way that Sound Track has on sale be worth the upgrade?

sort of a no brainer, anything is better than stock.........

think blaupunkt!

hey guys, i'm kind of new here. I recently replaced a pair of 4x10 speakers with 5x7 and the difference was huge. by going up to a 6x9 you should really hear a difference.i did go all out and got some alluminum cone 4 way top of the line blaupunkt overdrive speakers(used in almost all german cars) if you look on ebay you can find their transparent speakers, i think the model number would be pci693, they run about $30 for a pair and from what i have heard they sound really good for an enexpensive speaker. you could step up to to the over drive aluminum cone and i can personaly say they sound amazing, the model number is odxa694. but that might now give you the bass you want if the stereo you have isn't putting out enough power, in that case either a new stereo or an enexpensive amp will do the trick. good luck either way.

Back