You can type here any text you want

Are Roush Mustangs Fast?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Red Regal T

I DON'T THINK SO! I'D REALLY LIKE TO GET A MUSTANG AND PUT A TURBO BUICK IN IT. BE A LOT NICER THAN A CAMARO. :p

yeah i was wondering the same thing
there is a mustang rousch stage 2 or however you spell it.... at my school and i would always like to catch a light with him but never had the chance... anyone know what these cars run since it wasnt posted on www.car-stats.com

Was it a new style looking Roush Mustang? If it was they aren't fast. The lady I talked to at a dealership said it was a V6 with the same hp as their V8 in th GT. I highly doubt that because they wouldn't let me see the engine on it. I myself wouldn't waste the gas on it if I were you.

yeah it looked like a 2002
no way it was only a v6
sounds real nice and has the side exhaust and spoilers...

looks beautiful but i think it is really just like a 2002 GT with some exhaust and maybe like chip and cold air
probably still a good 14.5 sec car or so at fastest would be my guess

correct me if i am wrong!

Roush's have blowers...or some of them do...I think the stage 2 does...They aren't to bad, not awesome cars, but they can hold their own.

It was definitely a V8. Had that real nice sound. The driver was a 35ish business type so I'd think the car was bone stock. He was saying something about he used to have a 600hp somethin' or other. Lite turned green and he pulled out slow as not to break them loose, then got in it and I walked him when I shifted to second. No competition but I like the looks of the Mustang. Like I said, good donor body for a turbo Buick. ;)

i dont think they are supercharged
i have been looking at them on ebay and it doenst mention a blower at all

the stage 3s have blowers though

red regal.... would you say that the mustnag was...?
-14 sec car
-13 sec car
-12 sec car (very doubtful)

There are some Roush Mustangs that are nothing more than cosmetics. There are others that are respectable. I don't know what they're called.

Put a Buick turbocharged V6 in a Mustang? Yeah, that'd be cool. But it'd be cheaper and easier just to turbo charge the engine that's already in it. Turbo 5.0s kick ass.

Roush

They do make V6 Roush Mustangs. A bottom of the line Roush is just the body kit and side pipes. From there you go to a SC six to a SC 4 cammer (and everything in between). They do not come w/ the Cobra motor, but w/ a roush SC 4 cam 4.6. My friend's 98 has a (98) Cobra mill, he just had it rebuilt w/ reground cams from Roush and 8.5 TRW's in anticipation of a turbo, but spun a rod bearing:mad:

Very pretty car, I wish I had a scanner to post some pics , it was #1115 of 1500 made that year. The young girls dig this car, especially with the chrome 18's!

Tom

R

Red REgal, my boy ran 12.7 @ 108 w/ the new cams, long tubes, Bassani (sp?) exhaust, 4.10 IRS for what it's worth.

Tom

That was with the original pistons.

hey john i got a friend with a roush stg 2. no blower, great suspension (1.something Gs on skid pad), nice body kit/sound, only runs 13s tho.

yeah they sure are some of the nicest looking mustangs
they just need a little kick in the performance department

yeah i figured they would be real tgood handlers but i didnt think a 1.x on the skidpad... that is pretty impressive!

Yeah........nice cars. Put a Buick in one and go fast without spending thousands and thousands. Sell the Ford drive train for thousands! ;)

sweet idea
i would love to see pictures of the conversion once you get everything going on it

arent those cars going for 30,000$ or so though!?
sure will be nice though-the lil V6 through those side pipes!

I was at the Roush complex last week in Livonia, and they had the chassis dyno there and dyno'd two of his blown creations. They were rated at 360 hp and showed 340 to 350 RWH. These were with the 4.6 2 valve engines with a roush blower on it and the side exhaust. The dyno pull took place in 4th gear and it seemed to me that it took an awful long time to reach 6,000 rpm's for a blower engine.

that is pretty nice... now all roush rustangs arent supercharged are they?

they were using a 2valve engine instead of the 4 valve?

hmmm... 360 RWHP is no slouch... in that car wouldnt it translate to high 12's in the 1/4?

I got stuck behind a Roush today coming home from school at a red. I turned off the tunes so I could hear it, I think the guy seen me since he punched when the light went green......but i didnt hear a thing....=V6. I stayed pretty close to his rear but traffic wouldnt allow me to go around. He got over in the left-turn lane (red light) and I drove by I threw a few revs. All he did was look :eek: and I just smiled and kept on my way :cool:

You gotta' admit, those Mustangs sound really nice........and the quick ones ARE quick. I love my Buick, though........more bang for the buck!

There was a stage 3 car at the dyno last year in Gastonia NC. The car made 400 hp at the rear wheels on his first run. He had a guy there that was burning a chip for it. I got there early at 7 am hoping to get on the dyno but the guy with the roush car already hooked up. 7 hrs later he wound up with 460 hp. The guy must have money since he was a pilot for US Air. He said he had about $60 k in the car and another grand for the chip tuning and dyno time. If I had $60,000 to put in my T-Type I'd have alot more than 460hp!

Back