are these OEM front bumper fillers?

qwks6

Boost junkie
because that's what I wanted! These look like they bolt up way differently. They look like they'd be a pain in the butt to get to fit up.

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0236-1.jpg

IMG_0235-1.jpg

because that's what I wanted! These look like they bolt up way differently. They look like they'd be a pain in the butt to get to fit up.

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0236-1.jpg

IMG_0235-1.jpg

I have an NOS set and it looks the same as yours except that your metal and even the gray plastic looks why "too new". That does not mean its not OEM. But if it is OEM it must be very "flexible and pliable" if its "rigid and "stiff", its a repo. All the bolt patterns look the same as my set. I have never replaced a set so I can't comment on the work involved.

I just did mine a week ago. Wasn't hard at all. I had GM fillers. I can't tell for sure if yours are GM or not. Only problem I had was reinstalling the front bumper. I called a friend for his extra set of hands. You have to get both fillers inside the bumper when you install the bumper, which is a little tricky. Good luck, you'll be fine.

Those are genuine GM fillers. 4.2mm trim screws go through the metal retainer and plastic rivets hold them tight against the fender.

Those are genuine GM fillers. 4.2mm trim screws go through the metal retainer and plastic rivets hold them tight against the fender.

You'll have to destroy those plastic rivets to get them out. I found two that were the same size but I had to buy an assortment to just get those two. Found them at O'Reilly's.

good to know guys. The reason I'm so concerned is that they don't look like they bolt up anything like the ones that are on there! I'll have to look a little harder next time I'm out with the car!

Did mine 3 months ago remove the springs from the grill and the head light trim remove all the bolts (did it on a lift) and slid mine out without removing the bumper yes mine were oem and they were very pliable fit great and lined up only thing i did do was i had to get new plastic push pins but we stock something similar here at the dealer

I dont pull the grille, never thought of it. I scrib a round the bumper brackets, so that I know where to take it back to. Hang fillers and reblace bumper.

TIP...USE 3" MASKING TAPE ON CORNER EDGES OF FILLER PRIOR TO HANGING BUMPER SO THAT NEW PAINT IS NOT SCRATCHED! DOUBLE IT UP ALSO.

Filler Replacement

X2... Be Careful When Removing The Plastic Push-in Clips..(i Cut Mine Offwith A Razorblade) The Fiberglass Header Can Easly Break If You Are Not Careful..good Luck...btw, The New Replacement "gm Fillers Are "not" Primered...proper Prep Will Be Needed To Ensure The Primer Will Stick..ppg Sells A Prep Kit(3 Step System) Mostly Used For Rubber Bumper Covers On New Cars That Do Not Have Factory Primer..