You can type here any text you want

Are these stock springs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gn-newbee

Rear is sagging compared to the front. Just put in new stock replacement shock and no help. Wondering if they were changed out a previous owner?

Do these look like stock springs?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    795.4 KB · Views: 166
Shocks won't help on height

I don't see a tag on the spring so you are just guessing at this point. Stock springs had a tag and both are usually different with the options chosen. There are 5 or 6 different springs for our cars. I just went through this last weekend at Richard Clark's place, he pulled out the factory specs and tag IDs . We then measured the installed height and put them on a fixture that he made , measured the pressure at installed height so we knew where to go from there. Then we went through a bunch of springs at his shop and found a set that raised the car by just over an inch with higher spring rates. I will check with Richard as to which springs we ended up with.

Bryan

those aren't stock...those are a variable rate cargo coil spring

Bryan those might be hard to find. Nothing comes up at gmparts direct.

Same here... Car actually sits even on all 4 corners, 26 3/4...but I like a little rake....So I'm going to get some new MT 255/60's so there is an inch maybe? Then add some bags unless I go with a HR rear bar.

Bryan those might be hard to find. Nothing comes up at gmparts direct.
Probably going to have to call Intercooled88s or James and have them look for a set on a car they have stripped .

I was lucky enough to be at Richard Clark's when the problem arose , he had a set and we installed them at the shop.
Cargo springs may be a good choice as an alternative.

Bryan

Back