You can type here any text you want

Are those new SuperBee's fast?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i raced an srt-8 charger which has the same motor.i was able to bet him about 1 1/2 cars which my gn is pretty much stock.Fast i would say so for being 4200 pounds

No, they aren't fast. My friends dad has one and he couldn't keep up on the highway with my 66 F100 (429 BB). Dodge doesn't make cars like they use to:biggrin:

I've taken a stock SRT8 Charger with my stock GN. Had him by 2 lengths before we hit 60 and stayed that way until he gave up.

I've taken a stock SRT8 Charger with my stock GN. Had him by 2 lengths before we hit 60 and stayed that way until he gave up.

dam , you must have something in your car a stock srt8 brings 425hp &420 torque :confused:

Our torque + our rear ends + our 200's = humbled super bee owner.

They have power for sure, but can't get it to the ground like we do.

Well we all know any nitwit can waltz into the dearlership, sign and drive away thinking they got the edge without ever having any drag skills eh:biggrin:

I let him pull me on the launch but once i spooled up to 25#s it was buh bye

dam , you must have something in your car a stock srt8 brings 425hp &420 torque :confused:

OK well....maybe he got a slow one? You know how Mopars are....
;-)
I did get a small jump on him and it sure sounded like he was trying pretty hard to catch me.

They are heavy cars and I'm not sure how their 0-60 acceleration numbers compare to a stock GN or one running a couple extra lbs of boost with an edgy driver.

Humor me for a minute...
Say I was making about 300HP at my 16 lbs of boost. I weigh around 3500. He's making 425 and weighs 4200+

They say for every 10HP you gain a 10th in acceleration and for every 100 lbs you loose a 10th.

I'll need to get out a calculator too go any further...but somewhere in the middle there, I think he and I match up close enough to my side of the fight winning....especially if a get a jump and he's carrying any extra weight or trying some mid grade out to save a buck....

My 300C SRT8 went 12.86 right off the showroom floor
Mike

With a good driver and conditions....Entirely possible....the SRT 300C's are advertised to be a bit quicker than the SRT Chargers. Don't know why, but the write ups I've seen on the Chargers puts their 0-60 in the low/mid 5 second range with ET's in the upper 13's and the 300C's 0-60 in the high 4's.

Go figure...same engine....similar curb weight....

Actually also rate the SRT Grand Cherokee as beeing faster than the Chargers...

Press on the 87 Grand National in stock trim put it's 0-60 at 4.9 to low 5's and quarter miles in the high 13 to low 14 range.

So...can a bone stock GN with a couple extra pounds of boost dialed in knock down a heavy SRT-8 Charger?
Yup...watched it happen in my rear view mirror.:tongue:

And I bet one like Mikes made that Super Bee look like it was stuck in honey.:D

Must be a ringer.......:eek: They run about a 13.2-13.5 acording to most car mags i've read. Can't see them being a half second faster then a lighter SRT Challenger??:confused:

Ken B.

They actually are pretty close in weight.

I think the 300C is listed at 4175 and the Challenger is at 4150.

They both list with a 4.9 0-60.

It's probably in the way he launched and 60ft'd. Launch hard and minimize the wheel spin and maybe you could out pull the "pro" driver at the factory test course.
Some good weather.
Some good track conditions.
Some good high octane fuel.

Only the timeslip will tell.
Post it! Post it! Post it!
;-)

Good license plate frame comes to mind...

That thing gotta Hemi in it?
That's why you're coming in second...

:biggrin:

Back