You can type here any text you want

ARP 12 Bolt Studs Over ARP Bolts, Watcha Using?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNVYUS 1

ARP 123-4203 - ARP Pro Series Cylinder Head Stud Kits - summitracing.com

Since I'm replacing headgaskets due to the weak a$$ Walbro I'm thinking of getting the above since so many high boost GN's run them. I have ARP's but they have a tad over 30k on them so I think it's probably time to switch.

12 bolt allen key seems like the hot ticket, watcha using, any tips, torque specs for Cometics?

Any Vendors reading this, PM me if you have these in stock so I can get them for the weekend.

ARP 123-4203 - ARP Pro Series Cylinder Head Stud Kits - summitracing.com

Since I'm replacing headgaskets due to the weak a$$ Walbro I'm thinking of getting the above since so many high boost GN's run them. I have ARP's but they have a tad over 30k on them so I think it's probably time to switch.

12 bolt allen key seems like the hot ticket, watcha using, any tips, torque specs for Cometics?

Any Vendors reading this, PM me if you have these in stock so I can get them for the weekend.

I got a set of those studs from Summit to seal up my leaky Cometics. They look great in their blue box sitting next to the Buick on the lift. I'll install them one of these days. I got them after searching here. Studs = greater clamping force.

Jim

studs in mine also. it makes it a little tricky to put passenger side head on with motor in car.

robztheman, what was tricky about putting on the pass. side head with the studs? I will be doing this in the next few months and would like some hints.

robztheman, what was tricky about putting on the pass. side head with the studs? I will be doing this in the next few months and would like some hints.

The heater box is a significant obstruction. Removing it works, or possibly pulling the pass. side motor mount and allowing the engine to rotate on the drives side mount while raising the pass. side. TRICKY still comes to mind :eek:

john

The heater box is a significant obstruction. Removing it works, or possibly pulling the pass. side motor mount and allowing the engine to rotate on the drives side mount while raising the pass. side. TRICKY still comes to mind :eek:

john

Do the allen-head studs help here? So that you can put the studs in as if they were bolts rather than putting the studs in first and then sliding the head down over them?

I'm debating as to whether I want to pull the engine out of my car for this job.

Thanks,
Jim

I know of people using the allen head studs for that reason. i have bolts and havent had an issue yet, but im 19 and well im sure (i hope not) a head gaskit will go one day.

Yes,studs with allen heads help. I just pull the motor,it's a lot easier on the stand,much cleaner,and easier to torque cycle(5 times) new studs.

what i did was screw a few of the front studs in.Put the head on. On the back studs I just screwed them in by hand then stacked the nuts (2) on top of each other you know where they lock together,And screwed them all the way in.

Back