You can type here any text you want

ARP head studs which ones have the hex in the stud?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

greeneyegi

gonna purchase a set from summitt but it dont say if they have that hex in the stud or not

I can't remember but I wanted to remind you to get an extra set of hardened washers to put under the nuts on the end of the heads b/c the threads on these studs are too short and you won't be able to get the proper torque on the ends of the heads if you don't.

ks

I can't remember but I wanted to remind you to get an extra set of hardened washers to put under the nuts on the end of the heads b/c the threads on these studs are too short and you won't be able to get the proper torque on the ends of the heads if you don't.

ks
thanks ill do that

As long as Summit doesn't have any old stock on the shelf, they'll have the hex in them. I haven't ever had any issues with the stud thread area not allowing for complete torque process. I do check them all, and I have extra washers if needed. I know others have had this issue...

K.

I too have built about 10 engines with head studs and have not had that issue with those two studs.

doesnt matter if you've buit 10 engines and not had problems...it a good piece of mind to put the extra washer in just in case...you dont wanna find out the hard way and regret not putting in that simple little extra washer...if any head and block has been resurfaced enough it will surely need the washers...

You don't need any piece of mind about it if you know what your looking at when you build these things.

If you don't mock up the entire build & check everything, more times than not something will come back to bite you in the a$$... That's the difference between an engine builder & a parts assembler! Peace-of-mind comes in knowing it is done right the first time...

K.

Ain't that the truth Keith ? I check, then check again and then triple check !! I guess I should have said Iv'e ALWAYS checked ALL fasteners for any problems. and have never found that issue with any of the stud kits Iv'e used. .120ths. off a block and heads??

Back