You can type here any text you want

arp studs or bolts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboTdanman

what should i use when i put head gaskets in my regal T? Bolts or studs, i was told by the old owner it has them allready but idk if there bolts or the studs.

Thanks guys

^ lol funny guy here

i know what a stud is and what a bolt is, im asking what type i should go with when i do head gaskets, what do most of you guys run, the studs or the arp bolts?

I'll try not to be so funny this time but you don't have to get into the engine to determine this. If you can't look at your lower head bolts or studs just above the exhaust manifold and see if it is a stud or a bolt your in trouble !!! Some like bolts some prefer studs, studs have alittle more clamping force.Studs make it harder to remove head in car. Studs also need to be installed correctly. I like and use studs.

I would recommend studs because its funny to watch people try to get the heads off in the car. I vote for studds:D

I really make this determination based on the performance of the intended application

In Buicks I dont do studs unless running into the 10's

There is nothing wrong with studs at lower performance numbers but no real gain either.

So for standard cruising and that 10.99 or slower passes, bolts have been just fine for me.

Question where can I get the arp head bolts? Been looking at the vendors on here and all I'm seeing is the studs.
Anyone ggot a link handy?

Got a chance to look at the car its got arp studs allready so my question is are they reuseable or should I. Just buy a new set since I'm going to be in there anyways, what's $80 I mean, unless its just a waste of money.
Thoughts?

yes they are resuable

I do recommend using the arp lube on the top of the stud, washer and bolt on reinstall

I use teflon sealer when installing the stud into the block, the tube kind not the tape.

also you dont need alot

hope this helps

If using bolts use a non hardening sealant on the threads or it will throw the torque values off if you do a retorque and could leak if disturbed.

Back