You can type here any text you want

at what point should i get a rear end girdle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bttwracing86T

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE 6!
on my 87 we4 its a mid to high 10 sec capable car probably 10.8 or so do i need a rearend girdle at that point or should stock hold together fine for a car raced 3 to 4 times a year

Attachments

• grassy gn shot.JPG
    grassy gn shot.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 201
I would!!

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

For the cost compared to a new rear, it's cheap insurance, and you can do it yourself.;)

Guess I better do it I have to replace my backing plate and have to remove cover anyways good time to do it

Plus they look good too..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

ultimate ten by LPW.jpg
I have the Ultimate 10 unit with axle tube braces, good piece, cover went on in just a few minutes. The axle tube braces require a tab to be welded to the axle tube, the other end gets connected to the girdle. Looks really sharp. What ever fluid you choose make sure you add a bottle of friction modifier, in my case I didn't have it on hand at the time and the rear was noisy on slow tight turns, all good now.

ordered the low profile ta performance one today. how is the install on ta performance is there any special tools or anything. and what fluid does everyone use ?

I'm using Lucas with additive. Basic hand tools along with something to scrap and clean the mounting surface. I also use a can or 2 of brake/carb cleaner to make sure that the seal area has no oil on it when I seal things up.;)

go with the 80w90 with the gm limited slip additive. I had a lot of diff chatter when turning without the additive.

Back