You can type here any text you want

Ate main #2 rear thrust- Why?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
First find out what the cooler line pressure is. If it's high, then you'll need to find out if any 'full time lube mods' were done to the PR system. The mod can be done in a few ways. Grinding the second land of the PR valve, aftermarket PR valve with that mod designed into it, drilling an orifice in the PR land wall of the pump. We'll stop there until you find those things out first.

It will rise a little as rpm increases but it is easy enough to verify with gauges. Yes, you would measure the cooling circuit pressure with the converter unlocked.

Too bad I sold my hood-mount fuel pressure gauge.:rolleyes: It woulda come in handy for this. Is there an idle pressure I should look for, or just what's happening at higher RPM?

Too bad I sold my hood-mount fuel pressure gauge.:rolleyes: It woulda come in handy for this. Is there an idle pressure I should look for, or just what's happening at higher RPM?
In most cases, cooler line pressure should stay pretty level. Bring it up to 1200 rpm. Go ahead and check it at higher rpms also. Even under load if you can. It may add some pressure to the reading, but it shouldn't be much.

If I remember right, they have you install the fitting at the top location at the case. Just check both fittings. If one has the restriction, just drill it out to the same ID as the other fitting and reinstall it.

In very few cases did I install the fitting that came with the Vigilante. Mainly, because I started to understand more what they were trying to do. The problems associated with the orificed fitting are:

It creates a back pressure in the T/C. Good for getting the firmest TCC apply. Bad for crankshaft.

The orifice is rather small. Transmissions do generate debris. Even normally. If the T/C generated large enough debris to plug that small orifice, then you lose cooler and main lube circuit oil to the transmission. Very bad for transmission. In fact, long ago when I started recommending to my customers that they remove that fitting, one came to the shop for me to remove it and it was plugged. Luckily, we got to it before any permanent damage occurred. I'd almost swear it was yours Dave. It was a long while back.

Theoretically, it should lighten up the TCC apply, but I never noticed a big difference between having the restriction in and not.

When I was running a Vigalante, the restrictor was threaded into the fitting. Take the appropiate size allen key and unscrew it out. No need for a drill.

When I was running a Vigalante converter, it self destructed and took out my trans. Needless to say, I switched over to a Pro-Torque when I was running a 200-4R.

Doesn't Precision Converters require some type of full lube tube be installed?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

When I was running a Vigalante, the restrictor was threaded into the fitting. Take the appropiate size allen key and unscrew it out. No need for a drill.

When I was running a Vigalante converter, it self destructed and took out my trans. Needless to say, I switched over to a Pro-Torque when I was running a 200-4R.

Doesn't Precision Converters require some type of full lube tube be installed?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

They've changed the design over the years. First they were soldered and drilled with the orifice. Haven't paid much attention to them since.

The tube they have you install helps to evacuate the oil from the front cover of the T/C during TCC apply by having the suction side of the pump help to create a suction rather than just have it dump straight into the case cavity. Also, not absolutely necessary and it is not a full time lube mod.

Back