ATR dp

merc

Does ATR make a Terry Huston style down pipe for our cars? If so what is the quality/price diffrence. Thanks.

See..what makes the THDP so expensive is the flex connector that sits under the passenger side..it stops vibration transmittal through out the exhuast system..And a 3 inch Stainless flex connector is like 200 bucks..so thats the easy math..

Aftermarket DP without flex connector..350-400..with 550-600 :)

Mine has the THDP :)

While I havent priced a flex, I bought a Mease Performance 3in DP for my TTA it was a good price and fit.

Ohh..another nice thing bout that flex connector is that it looks like a catalytic converter :)

So it passes the mirror test..if ya know what I mean ;)

SHRPTTA, how much was the mease pipe and does it have the flex pipe. If not is there much vibration as the others say, I really dont see how the vibration could be that bad, the tr's use a solid pipe. Thanks for the replies.

The factory put a flex there for a reason..

My buddy has an ATR and it bangs like a bitch..the TTA and GN's are totally different animals whan it comes to exhuast layout..

Good luck with the ATR :)

Hey Razor

What's up. Hey If you ever come up to the Orlando Speed World to run your bad@ss ride, let me know. I'll come hang out with you at the track :D

Later
Sam S.

Sam..will do..I was there last December..what a friggin line..only got two runs in all day..did manage a 1.69 on Nitto's that day..so that track hooked for me.

I havg around the Bradenton track since its closer..We all should be so lucky to have tracks close to us..

Actually, J.C.Wittney sells 3" SS flex conectors for $65.00. I believe they even have diameters up to 4.5". I plan to buy the ATR pipe and put my own flex in line. I can buy the pipe and flex connector and have a total of $370.00 in it; a far cry from the TH DP IMO.

See..now that sounds like a plan :)

Let us know how it fits and if it hits ;)

Julio

Originally posted by Razor
The factory put a flex there for a reason..

My buddy has an ATR and it bangs like a bitch..the TTA and GN's are totally different animals whan it comes to exhuast layout..

Good luck with the ATR :)

If it bangs it proally was poorly made or improperly installed. Mine doesnt hit or bang I had to make adjustments but they were easy to do. just follow the directions

and it was $379 .

Here's an idea, maybe the flex joint is there to "flex". When torqued over, the exhaust has give to it. That takes off tension at the turbo/header(s)/crossover. Don't hear of too many cracked TTA headers compared to GNs.

Originally posted by SHRPTTA
If it bangs it proally was poorly made or improperly installed. Mine doesnt hit or bang I had to make adjustments but they were easy to do. just follow the directions

and it was $379 .

Phil..yours is a Mease :) .not an ATR :p

And my buddy that has the ATR has the ATR exhuast too.. He cant use the radio..

And I concur with Rob..I think the flex takes a lot of the weight off of the downpipe..so the motor can shake and not shake the whole exhuast..

I have ATR exhaust too. The mease DP is actually the old Astion Fab one, he bought the stuff from action fab.

L8R

Phil, Bob M has the ATR on his car and its a bit loud..kinda flowmasterish :)..yours loud too..gives that morning crrrack when it starts..

Not that its a bad thing..its just personal taste..