ATR Style? Stock Style?

animalthug841

Hey i'm pretty new to the grand national community. I've been trying to look up the answer to this but no luck. I wanted to have a good understanding of what atr style and stock style. I hear it on the boards often and I'm not sure what it means. Thanks

ATR headers have the crossover come up beside the passengers side header and mate up close to the turbo. It adds some more pipe, takes some more space up, but doesn't disrupt the flow of the passenger side header as much.

The stock style, known as "logs" have the crossover come up and hook up to the back of the passengers side header and flows up towards the turbo with all the other exhaust from the drivers side head in one pipe.

ATR STYLE, notice the pipe to the side, that is where the Xover hooks up:

HDS-GN86.jpg

STOCK STYLE: (Postons and TA style as well) notice one large pipe going to the turbo:

LC2powder2.jpg

Thanks that pretty much clarified my confusion. One more thing, I have stock headers nows with an upgraded downpipe. If I change over to atr style headers would i need to change my downpipe as well?

Thanks that pretty much clarified my confusion. One more thing, I have stock headers nows with an upgraded downpipe. If I change over to atr style headers would i need to change my downpipe as well?

You shouldn't have to, the turbo should always line up in the same place.....in theory. ;)

Thanks for the info now I know the difference

Ask me any question whenever. If I have a question, I never hesitate to ask it on here, no matter whether it is big or small. This 84 to 87 conversion I am doing caused me to run into a bunch of things I hadn't done before, thanks to the board I am knee deep in it with no real worries anymore.

Got the engine bay and 87 heater core in today, tomorrow is engine final assembly (front cover and accessories) then next weekend is transplant time.

BEFORE:

enginepull3.jpg

TODAY:

enginebay1.jpg

enginebay2.jpg

that looks awesome! I'm doing something similar but not its still a work in progress. Im doing a t5 swap in my monte ss and I built a motor for it. So i'll be doing what you just did with the engine bay. I'd love to have it looking like that. What paint did you use? Im pretty confident in eastwood myself.
305sb001vt7.jpg

305sb002pf4.jpg

that looks awesome! I'm doing something similar but not its still a work in progress. Im doing a t5 swap in my monte ss and I built a motor for it. So i'll be doing what you just did with the engine bay. I'd love to have it looking like that. What paint did you use? Im pretty confident in eastwood myself.
305sb001vt7.jpg

305sb002pf4.jpg

Nice looking engine. :cool: What color is your Monte? I had a dark garnet 85, and I loved the color so much that I am doing my T in same color. I used that Eastwood Underhood Semi Gloss, nothing too special. I plan on POR 15'ing the undercarriage this fall regardless.

my monte ss is a black hardtop 85. Now when you por 15 the undercarriage what prep work do you have to do. I wanted to do that for my monte and my grand national. Id like to do everything I can to prevent rusting.