You can type here any text you want

Att. GM Turbo 6 Group Members & Local Buick Folks - Oct Track Planning

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
I've already got great feedback from a few members But I'd like to hear some of the Groups toughts on an Oct planning for a Track gathering.............

Well I finally got to speak with Jody from Mooresville dragway about the planning of a date for an Oct Buick gathering. However I was pushed for time when I spoke with him and didn't get to nail down all the details but I do feel good with the conversation we had. He welcome us brining together two clubs (GM Turbo 6 Group & the GSCA Carolina Buick Chapter) for another track day gathering. If this is something the Group would still be interested in for the planning of our Oct event, Jody has offered us a reduced rate of a $10 gate entry, a gamblers race for the Buick Guys, us an area for all club members to gather & we could also make passes during the regular TnT if we chose to do so. The 1st date he suggested was Oct 10th but left Oct 24th as a possibility (however the final date call would be his to make, which sounded like the 10th). All I'd like to hear at this point is.....If this is still something the Group would be interested in planning, as we would need a total of around 20 cars from both groups to secure the reduced gate rate. With good planning, I see this being a great day for both clubs to come together.
I will be speaking with Jody again over the next few weeks to let him know our intentions (the sooner the better) and to finalize/secure a date based on feedback.

Thanks, Scott Lambert

Scott,
Thanks for working on this. I think either date will work for our group. And it should have a decent turnout. Let me know if I can assist you with planning, etc

Will depend on what if anything breaks, burns, or blows up at BPG.

Scott,
Thanks for working on this. I think either date will work for our group. And it should have a decent turnout. Let me know if I can assist you with planning, etc

Thanks for the offer, I think I may just take you up on that.........
Will be in touch.

Scott,
Thanks for pulling this together. I know it will be a great time. Should be plenty of time to really get the word out to both groups and have a great turnout!!

Oct 10th sounds good. Sign me up!! Syd should be back together by then

Any more news on this yet? The 10th is the wife's birthday, and well, she's not into any hobbies of mine so.... :rolleyes:

I'd only be a spectator anyways, but let me know.

K.

I talked to Jody (Mooresville track Rep) today but he was rushed so I'll be speaking with him again tomorrow trying to nail down the date and details. Looks like it will be the 10th but there's a chance it maybe the 23rd. As soon as I speak with him again I'll make a new posted.

Update

The date of Oct 10th has been landed on. I will start a new thread this week with all the details. :smile:

Back