You can type here any text you want

Attempted TType Theft

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

terik.m

I thought GNs are black
Just got my TR back from the shop and someone tried to take it. The dillweed broke the left side of the column up something bad but couldnt get her started. This sucks cuz now the $$$ for parts is going towards a freakin column and cleaning kit for my old S&M .357 . This is my 3rd TR and the second one that has been stolen or attempted to be stolen.

sounds like you got lucky. You would think you've learned the first time. Anytime the car/s are out of your site, they are prone to theft. Live by that, and be aware.

The funny part about the whole thing is that I live in one of the safest cities in California. I moved here from Antelope Valley which is basically miniature LA as far as crime goes. Last year I served 6 months in lockup while the car sat in front of my dads house...it was never touched. I move here thinking everything is cool so I let my guard down. I think that whoever did it this time didnt know what they were doing or maybe heard something and abandoned their mission. I need a new column though because it's busted and my key doesnt work now.

You might want to invest in a column lock guard that protects that vulnerable area. Won't stop a flatbed, but it does offer some peace of mind.

yup...60 something bucks on ebay shipped. at least I made it to where they have to work harder to steal it! You can never make it impossible.....just hard enough to where maybe they will look elsewhere.

Column Locks Are A Joke Best Thing To Do Is Park In A Safe Place Don't Leave The Car Alone That Is A Big Set Back But We Live In A F World Where People Are Evil And Has For Your 357 Its Going To Put You Back In Jail If You Try To Shoot The Guy Trying To Steal Your Car Isn't That F Up.

Column Locks Are A Joke Best Thing To Do Is Park In A Safe Place Don't Leave The Car Alone That Is A Big Set Back But We Live In A F World Where People Are Evil And Has For Your 357 Its Going To Put You Back In Jail If You Try To Shoot The Guy Trying To Steal Your Car Isn't That F Up.

Not if you live in Louisiana :eek:

Or Missouri.
I believe Texas as well.

Got to love the car-jacking laws in Louisiana ( That is where I am from originally), but I think Missouri is just as lenient now. Shoot first and keep shooting.

yeah... i live in tacoma washington and bought my t-type... the guy i bought it from said that it was stolen 4 times at least... found once on the freeway, down the street, ???, i even found bullets in the car from a .300 winchester rifle. i spent a lot of time looking for holes! :}. I used to live in an apartment complex where car thefts were not uncommon, but now i live in a condo with a bunch of old people (i mean nicely) with nothing but time on thier hands and a bunch of survelliance cams (but i think the old people are even better than the cameras or an alarm) but what i did cuz i cant afford an alarm is i bought a car cover to make people think it doesnt work (which a week ago it actually did happen) and parked it outside my window! sometimes though it still gets too much attention in my area.

Or Missouri.
I believe Texas as well.

Got to love the car-jacking laws in Louisiana ( That is where I am from originally), but I think Missouri is just as lenient now. Shoot first and keep shooting.

I hope so. I hate thieves.

They need to pass a law....steal someone's car, you'll be executed.

Back