Aussie Buick

Do they make a flash tuner for the new 3800 Series II (I think its called Ecotech) supercharged Rearwheel Drive cars down there? I think I will be needing one soon for my Turbo6 project.

Thanks,

My motor over here is called the series 2 and the later motor you are talking about is called the ecotech(but only non supercharged).In the vt commodore onwards there was an option for the ecotec super 6 (supercharged) but they have only started getting popular in the last 5 years but are still hard to get.Over here we usually throw the computer in the bin as Haltech make a plug in for around $1000.

I also checked out the prices for parts over there and cant believe how cheap they are,you guys are so lucky !!!!!!
A good set of forged pistons over here start at $1500 and the 4.1 stroker crank I would love to get is $1600 with another $1000 for rods and thats all before any machine work!Its nothing to spend $15k to make 500hp over here

The kit itself is not the problem thats easy the problem is that the motors fly apart at around 300 hp.I have heard of the cranks snapping in half and skirts droping off pistons at only 12 psi boost.Its engine internals that I am worried about

Yeh thats what I am thinking but freight and exchange rate is a little painfull especially if I get it here and it wont fit.Whats a crank and rods usually go for ?

email bweavy at gbodyparts.com for gn related parts. if its a newer 3800 series i wouldn't have a clue. the picture you posted wont load for me. you have weird cars and weird animals over there. :)
if it isnt a gn block then you can always do a little cutting. MAKE IT FIT!!! hah

So no one tunes the 3800 Series II supercharged motor with the stock computer.... thats disappointing but I bet I can get my hands on one cheap then if no one wants one. Is the Haltech a Speed Density or Mass Air Flow system?

Thanks,

So no one tunes the 3800 Series II supercharged motor with the stock computer.... thats disappointing but I bet I can get my hands on one cheap then if no one wants one. Is the Haltech a Speed Density or Mass Air Flow system?

Thanks,

Cheap ha ha ,How does 5k sound.The reason we throw the computer in the bin is haltech's are so cheap and easy to tune and most tuners charge $150 an hour .The haltech is a direct plug in and uses the original engine sensors and the super 6 uses a hotwire airflow meter.

5k for just the ECM? Thats all I was really wanting. Can you link me the Haltech controller with the hotwire MAF support, it might be a better solution than getting someone to crack the stock ECM.

No the complete motor is 5k.The computer I am talking about is a plug in designed for our Commodore and might not fit your cars(strange cars over there)but they do a fully programable one called the E6(same as the plug in one but you have to wire it yourself) for around $1000 AU.(cheaper for you is US).Its easy to wire(I have done 3 myself) if you can wire a car stereo you should be ok.(Comes with easy to follow instructions in english)
Haltech Engine Management Systems

If I remember correctly, the series II 3800 uses a 60 degree v6 bellhousing while the "109" uses the 90 degree BOP (Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac) bolt pattern. Also, if I remember correctly, the pistons use different pin heights, rod lengths, and crank journal diameters. Sorry.

Thanks,
Aaron

There is a huge supplier of Series II stuff for salvage. Morad Parts Company out of Cleveland, OH and aftermarket suppliers ZZP, W-body Store, Intense Racing, and others. I suggest RegalGS.org and Club Grand Prix! Your online Grand Prix & G8 resource for lots of Series II stuff.
Thanks for the info on the Haltech stuff. I'll read up on it somemore and see if its what I'm looking for. I don't like Speed Density systems so that is why I've been looking for the RWD Holden stuff since its MAF.

Thanks,

Thanks,

ypu could use D H P T U N I N G

The kit itself is not the problem thats easy the problem is that the motors fly apart at around 300 hp.I have heard of the cranks snapping in half and skirts droping off pistons at only 12 psi boost.Its engine internals that I am worried about
those must be series I motors...

the big 3800 vendors use stock bottom ends...the current FWD record is 9.01 @ 150

you could use D H P T U N I N G

They don't claim to support the cars. I talked with the owner and he says he might try to crack it if I can get him atleast a pair of ECMs to mess with. HPTuners doesn't want to have anything to do with it, EFILive doesn't support any V6 cars that I could find.

Tell you what, find me a nice 2 door 73-78 falcon xb or one of those 4 door phase 3 falcons and Ill trade you my 11 sec T-type. You guys have some of the coolest looking rides down there.