You can type here any text you want

Autolite Spark Plugs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Hi All,

I have always run Autolite 24's in my swap truck. Went to Advance and asked for a set but ended up getting AP24's. These have a narrow platinum electrode instead of the normal copper electrode. I seem to remember our turbo cars had issues running platinum plugs, should I return them and hold out for the 24's?

X1,000,000,000,001. (I win;)) Platinum plugs have issues, especially with leaded race fuel.:eek: I personally use the AC CR43TS plugs.

Just my 2 cents worth first: I use the Autolite 23's in the iron headed engine.

What I have noticed when buying plugs is the counter guy going right for the expensive platinum and other rare metal plugs. Don't know why but they do.

I have to insist on the plugs in the orange box, Autolite 23 (or the one that matches the particular engine), "the plain copper core plugs please." The response is usually along the lines of, "are you sure?" Me, "Yes, I'm sure."

RemoveBeforeFlight

Yeah they try to sell you the most expensive crap. Made the mistake of sending wifey to get plugs once. They told her the stock plus were a triple platinum multielectrode super expensive one. I was heated and let him know it.

Most counter guys/gals around here can't even spell NGK, much less know the difference between platinum and copper core. It usually takes me a bit of "esplainin' Lucy" to get what I need. Then the manager walks up and offers me a job (at $10/hr) Sorry dude, quadruple that and I still won;t do that for a living. I use to manage a parts store back in my college days, but back then we still used added the prices in our heads and no one had even a calculator to check our math. (Don't think I could even try that these days. Old timers disease has kicked in and 2+2 = something other than four. Kinda like Tim Geitner, and the U.S. Treasury:mad:)

Back