Autozone PM

Dan Buick Man

Buick lover
I'm picking up a PM unit from Autozone tomorrow. I am not sure if this has been asked before on this board as I am new but it appears several people have had some issues with this part. I am only replacing this because of the accumulator and because my PM is original. Should I keep my old part and just swap accumulators? How many have run into problems with this unit?

its a A1 cardone unit with lifetime warr , looks like a good unit , I have used 3 or 4 , at 14x.xx cant go wrong

I thought about just switching accumulators but then I realized that a rebuilt master cylinder and a new everything else was more likely to last than my old orignial PM unit. So, I'd say replace it all so you won't have to mess with it for awhile down the road.

I bought one just for the accumulator. I slapped it on my original PM and it works great. And i have an extra PM to use if needed. It costs less than some people want for an accumulator alone.

Scott

This idea is older than dirt (in the TR world anyway) and has been beaten to death many times over. In summary, it is the most cost effective thing you can do if you want to retain the original factory braking setup.