Avg price for turbo rebuild

EFFNQWKWE4

Hello all. I did a search to try to figure out why my car has been smokin' lately, and I think it's the seals on the turbo (stocker w/ 152k). My question is this: Whats a fair price to pay for a turbo re-build, and does anyone know where I can get it done in the MD DC VA area? My car is my daily driver, so I'm looking for a fast turnaround as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!:D TIA!
Derek

It would be cheaper prolly to buy a used stocker. A rebuild usually starts around $400. You usually can pick up a working stocker for half that or less and have a real short turnaround time. Maybe a moderator will move this to the turbo section and some others might know of a local shop.....Scott

in jessup, MD theres a place called turbo performance center right off RT. 1, they rebuild turbo's in house, have a 2 day turn around and a full rebuild runs around $500, but if it where me that would be $500 towards an upgraded turbo.

I just had John Craig (Limit Engineering) rebuild mine; my intake/exhaust wheels were good but he pretty much redid everything else. It cost me $375 for everything including shipping back. You also get a full 12 month warranty that he'll back up 100%.