B7 yellow with black stripe wiring on ecm

Spawn1987

This may be a loaded question to some, but hopefully not to at least one person. Long story short, car has been up on Jack stands for 2 years due to life, work, etc. I'm 95% done with the upgrades, maintenance, etc, and doing the wiring inside the car now. I decided to pull all the wiring out for the gauges, alky, scan master, and start new. Everything is accounted for qith the exception of one wire tapped into the ecm, yellow with black wire, electronic spark control signal. The tach gets its signal from under hood, and I've not wired the boost controller yet. I can't for the life of me remember why I'd need this reference. Any ideas??

The yellow/black wire is the signal wire that goes from the ESC module to the ECM. It works in conjunction with the knock sensor(blue wire).

If the knock sensor detects anything, it sends the signal to the ESC module. Then goes from the ESC module to the ECM VIA the yellow/black wire. Depending on what the ESC sends to the ECM the ECM will then pull timing in attempt to eliminate the knock.

A knock gauge or audible sensor is probably attached to the other end of that added wire it gets it's signal from that wire as described above.